Career Officer
# 1 The 2800 Mission Rewards
12-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Anyone notice that because of the required rank for each missions, you end up having a "broken" space set at the end of the series? You're require to repeat Operation Gamma to get both consoles (which I have no problem). But the 45 level requirement for the final mission pushes you from RA(L)/Drig Gen to RA(U)/Maj Gen thus making the final Shield console a Mark XI unit instead of Mark X like the rest of the units you collected. Which means in order to make the whole set work, you have to repeat Operation Gamma two more times to get both the Engines and Deflector as Mark XI units. I was also required to run additional missions between Of Bajor/Operation Gamma and Operation Gamma/Facility 4028.

Suggestion for the following level requirements that might solve this issue:
Second Wave - 40
Of Bajor - 41
Operation Gamma - 42
Facility 4028 - 43
Boldly They Rode - 44

Thanks!
Captain
# 2
12-24-2012, 02:02 AM
You could do that mission at level 7 as a Fed when it was run as Featured Episode. On some characters I did those missions at each rank, since the items were better than other quest rewards. Probably a quest line that I have played to death.

Just play it and replay it at VA. If you got the ship shield at level XI, you only have to do the shuttle mission twice and that mission is short and easy.

The thing that bothers me, not only here, are the cutscenes. I would like to have an option for a different version, with only unspoken text, just as a messge that you van click trough.
Career Officer
# 3
12-24-2012, 03:33 AM
When I am leveling an alt I typically stop before the first mission of this series and do Mirror Events until I hit lvl 50. That way I can get the final version of both sets and the Breen that comes later without having to repeat them.
Join Unrepentant!

Captain
# 4
01-02-2013, 12:31 AM
I just did these missions on a new character and I, while reached lv 45, received mk X item for Boldly They Rode. So I have a complete set with set bonus.

I think it should work this way that only when you rerun the missions at level 50 you get the mk XI.

Aren't these items also not auto-upgraded. A mk X is as good as a mk XI? You won't get the set bonus of course, but I would sure keep the mk X version for a shuttle or something.

Last edited by fovrel; 01-02-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Captain
# 5
01-02-2013, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlapo View Post
When I am leveling an alt I typically stop before the first mission of this series and do Mirror Events until I hit lvl 50. That way I can get the final version of both sets and the Breen that comes later without having to repeat them.
This QFT. I don't do Mirror Events I do explore missions or replay other missions. I hate doing a series of missions and having to stop to level up. The last time I leveled an alt it happened a couple of times.