Ensign
Hello everyone,

I recently acquired a new computer via hand-me-down: a Dell Latitude e6400. After 2 attempts to get it running I finally succeeded and was able to enjoy STO in full resolution and much higher graphics settings (old computer required half resolution and very low settings), but for some reason STO crashes whenever I try to load the Deferi Invasion Zone or my Bridge. Aside from those 2 areas crashing while they load, the game has run perfectly.

As far as I know I have all the drivers and updates installed, and the rest of STO runs without issue. Here is the page listing all of the specs: http://www.dell.com/us/dfb/p/latitude-e6400/pd

I am running Vista 32-bit (Dell dropped their XP driver support already so I was forced to use Vista).

Thanks for the help!
Ensign
Greetings everyone,

For some reason STO crashes whenever I try to load my Bridge or I am invited to someone else's bridge. Aside from those 6 crashes while they load, the game has run perfectly.

As far as I know I have all the drivers and updates installed, and the rest of STO runs without issue.

But to complete an early quest in the second episode I need to get to my Bridge (in this new year). I have only been fighting this for three months. With No reply from STO.

Help!
Captain
# 3
01-03-2013, 12:12 PM
q's Winter Wonderlands crashing me out more then any Cryptic Closed or open beta has ever done..
I have a Nvidia with the latest drivers rated as a DX 10 card..
code ? internal errors from instructions being sent to the card.
unhandled exceptions.
now a Nv_4 .. its a fresh install on newest card driver and WIN XP SP3 DX does not require update drivers digi signed WHQL cert. real copy of card and OS.

Creative assembly -Total War II has a Nvidia optimizer macro built into the game doesn't crash card-

Bioware SW TOR - never feeds crash codes to Nvidia card. like this..
Best played on Specific OEM anything only goes so far.. I never see any optimize guide or special patches put out for Cryptic STO or Champions. Yet both have proved many hours of quality enjoyment and colourful game play options.
Your customize options as a former GOLD.. converted to Silver are still quite nice but only when this doesn't crash at the slightest use doing mundane simple Seasonal events.
Beware of Cloaked Romulans Bering Gifts
Lieutenant
# 4
01-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Hello et al!

kernal32.dll

google that and see if any of the links talk about similar issues. If so, then that's the problem. Otherwise, let me know and I'll see what I can dig up.

Jen