Captain
# 1 A Cold Heart, 1&2
12-29-2012, 01:20 PM
A Cold Heart 2 is now released!

Federation, level 31+.

Get to know the merry Vulcan Renj and his happy crew. Find out new mysteries, make new discoveries...

Both parts are still ineligible, because of the usual nonsense, but here's hoping, and thank you to anyone willing to play ineligible missions.

Some of the battles in part 2 can be a bit overwhelming if you aren't careful (and don't avoid them).

Part 2 is a bit more complex than part 1, so there may be some behavior I haven't run into in testing.
Captain
# 2
01-02-2013, 10:50 PM
From another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
#2 has an issue with the find t'Pel objective. You used a GIGANTIC invisible object with a default dialog.... once that object apepars on the map my tricorder can't seem to point at anything else.....

#1.... the breen base would be ok if not for those stupid ice walls everywhere.....

#1: The ice walls are necessary unless I was going to make the base completely from scratch (which, in future, I'll try to do more often).

#2: The T'Pel objective is intentionally a bit difficult to find. I'll review the mission -- I'm a little torn on how to display that tricorder information: if it's a single pop-up, you could miss important information. The invisible object is persistant, but annoying.
Rihannsu
# 3
01-03-2013, 07:00 AM
1:The issue isn't the existence of the ice walls. It's that they tend to block walkways the way you have them positioned.

2: couldn't you just make the object disappear after you inteeract with it?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 4
01-03-2013, 07:12 AM
1: The ice walls are positioned where they are to hide plants and huge curtains of flowing water. But that's a weakness, fair cop.

2: I could, but my intention was to keep the information available to the player to double-check. Otherwise I'd just have used a one-off pop up dialog with a reach marker.

That said, if the effect is just really distracting/strange, maybe I'll change it.

(I really appreciate the feedback, by the way!! I definitely learned a lot after doing the first mission, and I was trying to achieve some difficult stuff in the second)

Last edited by zahinder; 01-03-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Rihannsu
# 5
01-03-2013, 07:32 AM
1: For plants, you can probably use ice Boulders to hide them. what did you use as the base map?

2: certain types of pop up dialog will persist in the chat window. Erm... actually, I think you used those. The giant invisible object is just annoying. And it makes tricorders malfunction.....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 6
01-03-2013, 07:58 AM
1: Icy caves, I think. I'll have to check when the game is back up. Ice boulders... I'll see if I can re-do the map that way.

2: I will see what I can do about removing the invisible object. I may change that option tree to something like 2 or so 'getting closer' scans culminating in a nav beacon.

Actually... that gives me an idea. I think I'll have the scan option (there are three distinct approaches) give a series of nav beacons. Each 'pass' then replaces previous nav beacons with a tighter indicator.

Did you manage to get past that point?
Captain
# 7
01-27-2013, 11:07 AM
Since I'm quitting Foundry and deleting my stuff, for the 10 or so who bothered playing this, the secret was Renj was taking a very long term revenge on T'Pel and Koth, and his goofy behavior is almost entirely a ruse. The third part was going to be an investigation where this slowly became clear, with Koth initially set up as a traitor to the federation before dying 'accidentally' in a shuttle accident.

Maybe someday there will be a mmo that isn't hostile to creators, and stuff like this will be valued.

Guess I'll go blow up defenseless ships for loot now.
Rihannsu
# 8
01-28-2013, 05:41 PM
don't delete your stuff!!!! ;-;
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Career Officer
# 9
01-29-2013, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
don't delete your stuff!!!! ;-;
I agree. I think you should just unpublished, if you must, and think it over. Or if you're just leaving the game anyway, why not just leave your missions up? What damage could it possibly do?

Above all else, I urge you to avoid doing something in the heat of the moment you might regret later.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.