Commander
# 1 Breen Set
12-31-2012, 03:10 PM
It makes no since that the Breen set from the story mission and the 2 breen Torps give no Bonus or ability when equiped on the Breen Ship. The Jem and the Galor do. Why was this over looked? or did I miss something or is there an ability that it does grant that I am missing? The 1st day I got the ship I equiped the Breen set and went to test it out by doing a Foundry Royal Rumble and noticed my Hull said %125. I was like this is nice a %25 increase in hull for the Set equiped on the Breen ship but after the mission it never happeded again so I guess that was a bug. Come on Cryptic there should be should be something we get for equiping the Breen Set on the Breen ship.
Captain
# 2
12-31-2012, 03:18 PM
If I remember correctly, the Galor and Jem'hadar bug came out much closer to the 2800 story arc than the Chel'gret did to the breen arc. They probably had the Galor and bug planned already, and the breen ship was more of a "Oh hey, this will be cool!" kind of deal.

Also if you think about it, as rarity goes, the bug and galor are exponentially harder to get than the Chel'gret is. In fact the Breen ship was almost a guarantee to get, and insanely easy to do so. So with that, why would you get an even bigger bonus to an already very very powerful ship? Compare that to the 1 or 2 percent chance of getting a galor, and the incredible rarity of the bug. Naturally, they would get a bonus for having them, due to the difficulty of acquisition.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Commander
# 3
12-31-2012, 03:36 PM
I would be happy if say the Transphasic had a shorter cool down on the breen ship or the Energy syphon took out a sub system or something. I just find it odd that no one on the Dev team thought hey we should make it only logical that player would "want" to use the Breen set on the Breen ship. As it stands the Breen set is pretty poor compaired to other sets. If I worked there my 1st question would have been so what are we going to do to the Breen set so players want to use it on this new ship?
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
12-31-2012, 04:00 PM
the breen set is actually an anti-breen set, ie- useful for fighting against the breen.
Career Officer
# 5
12-31-2012, 04:14 PM
I did notice that the ability of siphoning power from enemies with the Breen set didnt show up when equipped on the breen ship! I know the breen ship has a unique console/weapon of its own but it seems odd that you would actually lose a power?! In either case, I find the borg set works best on the breen ship! (higher hull and shield strength)
Captain
# 6
01-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admgreer View Post
I would be happy if say the Transphasic had a shorter cool down on the breen ship or the Energy syphon took out a sub system or something. I just find it odd that no one on the Dev team thought hey we should make it only logical that player would "want" to use the Breen set on the Breen ship. As it stands the Breen set is pretty poor compaired to other sets. If I worked there my 1st question would have been so what are we going to do to the Breen set so players want to use it on this new ship?
Did you even read my post? At all?

-.-
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Commander
# 7
01-01-2013, 11:36 AM
In my opinion, the Breen set should give a bonus if equipped on the Breen ship. Since the Breen ship is so easy to get (right now), the bonus from the Breen set on a Breen ship should be less than the bonus from the Jem'Hadar set on a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship or Galor, but still... the Breen set should give a special bonus to the Breen ship. Something small... but not too small.