Survivor of Remus
# 1 Uniform control for your crew!
01-03-2013, 07:19 AM
I have been playing STO now for more than a year and one thing that continues to bug me is the fact that the automatically generated crew (FED or KDF) always wear the same uniform (unless you're talking about the Constitution bridge/interior from the TOS pack ... in which case most of the auto-generated crew wears TOS uniforms).

I know we cannot have manual control over how every NPC looks, but it seems like there is a "simple" fix that would make the experience of walking around on your ship MUCH better: Make the auto-generated characters pick from uniforms worn by the Captain or the Bridge Officers.

My uniform and the uniforms of my bridge crew look EXACTLY like what I want my entire crew to wear. I know it would require some developer time, but it seems reasonable to have the NPC crew wear whatever the male/female bridge crew are wearing.

It really spoils the experience to walk around on your ship and see people wearing the "wrong" uniforms.
Career Officer
# 2
01-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Your right. It does sound reasonable. Maybe in another three years.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Survivor of Remus
# 3
01-03-2013, 07:36 AM
I know, the team at PWE and Cryptic have a MASSIVE list of stuff they are working on. Heck, STO has been around for almost three years now and I've seen a ton of things role out within the last 12 months that I thought would have been in place since day one.

Clearly, building a universe as complex and detailed as Star Trek in a game involves countless hours of work, and I know there are larger projects that have to take priority; like new seasons/episodes, new ships (we're still missing some cool FED ships and my KDF characters won't object to more Klingon ships as well) and fixing bugs in the current game.

Still, I think many players would be happier walking around their ships if the crew was dressed the same as the bridge officers.
Ensign
# 4
04-07-2013, 06:16 AM
I've been hoping for this since the game started too. They have said a couple of times that they are working on it, but still haven't seen anything concrete come out of it yet. Hope to soon.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pweistheworst View Post
I have been playing STO now for more than a year and one thing that continues to bug me is the fact that the automatically generated crew (FED or KDF) always wear the same uniform (unless you're talking about the Constitution bridge/interior from the TOS pack ... in which case most of the auto-generated crew wears TOS uniforms).

I know we cannot have manual control over how every NPC looks, but it seems like there is a "simple" fix that would make the experience of walking around on your ship MUCH better: Make the auto-generated characters pick from uniforms worn by the Captain or the Bridge Officers.

My uniform and the uniforms of my bridge crew look EXACTLY like what I want my entire crew to wear. I know it would require some developer time, but it seems reasonable to have the NPC crew wear whatever the male/female bridge crew are wearing.

It really spoils the experience to walk around on your ship and see people wearing the "wrong" uniforms.

If they put the feature in a Lock box as a reward, they you would have it by the end of the week.

SO..... make all C-store ships have this option. Or make "Uniform Compliance Officer" a Zen-store unlock.

Basically, if they can't monetize it they will not put any resources into it.

Beers,

Jengoz =/

"Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
Ensign
# 6
04-09-2013, 12:57 AM
I agree wholeheartedly. I've been saying this since day 1, when I noticed the random crew members all wearing the terrible Sierra or Antares uniforms, while myself and my Bridge Officers all looked different. Seems like a simple option to me.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-09-2013, 01:24 AM
I totally agree with this idea. Been wishing for this myself. Even if it's as simple as copying one of the Boffs.. It would be even nicer to let us distinguish a male/female variant for the crew. I have purchased the Mirror Universe set and would love to see my crew sporting it.
Commander
# 8
04-09-2013, 01:45 AM
I would also like the option to clothe the rest of the crew like my character and my BOffs.

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1 Playtester
Captain
# 9
04-09-2013, 02:07 AM
I've mentioned this as part of the ship interior revamp proposal - see sig links.

And while we're at it, I'd also like the ability to change the appearance of ship interior DOff contacts using a tailor interface (either to create a whole new costume, or to use the appearance and name of one of my existing BOffs).

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread
Career Officer
# 10
04-09-2013, 04:46 AM
here here! please please please let this happen...please? :3