Lieutenant
# 1 Refused to fight
01-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Hi all,

With all the goings on about how to make PVP more accessible for the new ppl who would like to venture into it, i.e the boot camp, the upcoming tournament, more ppl in Opvp channel I was happy to see that it looked like pvp was heading in the right direction..then came today.

Thought about getting in a few matches before the Shard came down for maintainence in the FvK ques..Trouble is i have to PUG my matches as the fleet im in on klink side 95% of them dont PVP. Entered a match on Arena FvK, looked at the names on my team and then looked at the opposition. 4 Tsi on fed side..ok no problem, especially as i see 1 of the ppl on my team i have played with before and thought hes a good player, should be fun..We lost 15-6 i believe..customary gg at end and this person on my team says u will never beat TSI in pvp. I replied no i havent either and the same goes with the pandas but you have to at least try.

Qued again in Arena, the que pops quick..Checks again this person is on my side again. Check the opposition, TSI again.. "Lol not again" i put in zone chat, then this person who is on my team decides to cloak and hide for the entire match, totally gimping me and the other 2 players who are willing to fight with with pride and honour. This person actually said in chat that he refuses to fight against TSI and decided to watch..expecting this game to be over in seconds. My other team mates also said to him to get in and fight. Yet he totally refused.

We lost 15-4 and considering there was only 3 of us i was happy with the result as we gave them a dam good fight. This person also commented in zone chat when it was 9-3 i believe "WOW i thought this match would of been finished a long time ago".

Even the opposition commented on this person refusal to fight and like i said at the start i had fought along side this person in FvK ques a few times and i thought he was a strong player. Well i was wrong big time and TBH this is one of the 1st ppl i have ever seen on klingon side to refuse to fight or go AFK for the match.

I dont have the luxury of being in a premade and like i said i PUG all the time.Yet in all my time of Pugging i have never refused to fight a premade team. Hell if anything i believe it has made me a stronger player. Now i must emphasise it wasnt a full 5 man premade of TSI it was like 4 or 3 of them. I really hope this was a one off incident as i said before i have never seen a klink go AFK in a game.

On a side note im hoping to enter this tournament at the end of this month and was wondering how would i go about entering it if all i do is PUG. Would i be teamed with other ppl in my situation or would i be unable to enter. As i know a lot of my fleet wont PVP.

Morganna
7th KDF Battle Group
Captain
# 2
01-03-2013, 08:55 AM
sadly this isnt the case, there have been more and more incidents of people warping out/refusing to fight against "known" fleets.

i was in a match where there me was me and a second tsi member, and 3 people from the organizedpvp chat channel.... we ran into a premade team. they said something about tsi and they refuse to fight them and warped out.

i actually have that match recorded.

and posted to youtube.

there are also incidents where a single tsi member will be on the team and a player will refuse to fight even though hes on the same team because hes under the impression that tsi "cheats".

ah well.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 3
01-03-2013, 08:59 AM
I'll hold my hand up, i will refuse to fight whole heatedly in pugVpremade

Simply because its not worth trying.

If i pvp, its to see what im like compared to other players, not to be ganged up on by pvp focused players , dont get me wrong ill still try, but wont give it my all.

Im ashamed to admit on the odd occasion i get so irritated i just take my shields+deflector off and just fly into their focusfiring spam :p
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 4
01-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Geez, that sounds like douch bag behaviour to just sit there and watch you guys fight to the death...

I found myself yesterday ambushed almost immediately at the (re)spawn point in my brand new Steamrunner ship... felt sad as really there wasn't a chance in hell of escaping the constant barrage of hits. Regardless though, I fought as best I could.

I wish non PVPer's in general would accept challenges in space sector as sometimes I really just wanna go one to one. If ever interested PM me, it would be a great way to test my builds and meet someone new.
Captain
# 5
01-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
I'll hold my hand up, i will refuse to fight whole heatedly in pugVpremade

Simply because its not worth trying.

If i pvp, its to see what im like compared to other players, not to be ganged up on by pvp focused players , dont get me wrong ill still try, but wont give it my all.

Im ashamed to admit on the odd occasion i get so irritated i just take my shields+deflector off and just fly into their focusfiring spam :p
before you flat out "give up" do you try to organize your pug team by saying "focus fire and stick together"? its amazing how effective a little communication can go in this game, even against "premades". not all 5 man teams from the same fleet are a premade. sometimes theyre just grouped together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
Geez, that sounds like douch bag behaviour to just sit there and watch you guys fight to the death...

I found myself yesterday ambushed almost immediately at the (re)spawn point in my brand new Steamrunner ship... felt sad as really there wasn't a chance in hell of escaping the constant barrage of hits. Regardless though, I fought as best I could.

I wish non PVPer's in general would accept challenges in space sector as sometimes I really just wanna go one to one. If ever interested PM me, it would be a great way to test my builds and meet someone new.
sadly non-pvprs have no interest in pvp. however feel free to join the organizedpvp chat channel in game, theres always plenty of people of all skill levels on there and i'm sure you could easily get a 1v1, if theres even any special requests on rules mention them too and i'm sure you'll still find people to duel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Empire Veteran
# 6
01-03-2013, 10:18 AM
play to win, always. pre and pug mades arent invincible, a little bit of battle instinct can make pugs that know how to play cohesive enough to challenge them. at least more kdf pugs
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 7
01-03-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
before you flat out "give up" do you try to organize your pug team by saying "focus fire and stick together"? its amazing how effective a little communication can go in this game, even against "premades". not all 5 man teams from the same fleet are a premade. sometimes theyre just grouped together.
Again, speaking honestly and from my own experiences, after a point i gave in on communication, its either ignored fully or ridiculed (e.g. i have been in elite STFS and been told off for "talking too much"..), or ultimately not enough, ill not deny im not the strongest, and even if i can get 2/3 people to focus fire with me, the damage is glanced off and patched up all too quickly, (while getting pugs to cross heal can be like taking blood from a stone :p)

While true, i find it hard that coincidence would give 5 people from the same fleet,.. so many times :p, i guess i can agree there

And there is always the true statement 'fight premade with premade' but quick answer, i dont want to. its such a hassle, i would much rather see specific pvp instances for fleets/premades and pugs
though i know that can never happen, seeing how hard it is to get a match going sometimes can be..
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 8
01-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I know of the loser who refused to fight. He was mentioned in OPvP before it went down. He's a sore winner and loser. If he's on your team, expect a total nub and a useless wanker.

It's not like it's easy enough to get queues to pop and yet you have people who want to deliberately sabotage the game.

Edit:

General note to people who warp out on premades or hate premades:

FFS, if you hate being wtfpwned in queues, make a damn pugmade in OPvP, that's what it is there for. If you queue solo expect anything, so don't complain.

I can easily find one guy or two most of the time that I can queue with. If you have no one on, then just make a request in the chat channel.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.

Last edited by snoge00f; 01-03-2013 at 09:04 AM.