Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lieutenant
Shuttle bay as part of my ship interior (and other things I want because I am greedy)

I would really like to be able to walk up to my shuttle in a shuttle bay and 'board' it as opposed to the transporter thing. Stick it on the engineering section map somewhere. Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Also, is there some way that we can get to fly our ship from the bridge (in sector space only I will assume)? Perhaps have a marker in the game to represent my ship, and instance my bridge (as per usual), but link them somehow? I will now bow my head in shame knowing that this has been asked for many times before.

An entire set of story missions that take place on my ship (or on my ship interior map.) An alien presence loose on the crew deck. A saboteur in the engineering section and now we need to hurry to contain a warp core breech. A plague has broken out on the ship and we are quarantined until we can figure it out, but the plague is not a plague but an alien attack. A diplomat is murdered and we have to examine the evidence and question various crew members to find the killer.

This would have to use the same maps that the player is using for their ship interiors, but could be a lot of fun.

I?m done now. Peace, have fun, and I love this game .
Captain
# 2
01-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Most of the things you have asked for have been covered in centersolace and I's proposal (see link in sig).

Read the document first, then consolidate your ideas there.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Lieutenant
# 3
01-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
Most of the things you have asked for have been covered in centersolace and I's proposal (see link in sig).

Read the document first, then consolidate your ideas there.
I am in no mood to read through 49 pages of posts just to see if something I want to suggest has already been suggested, but I skimmed through it all anyway. I did NOT see anywhere where people were asking for missions to take place on their ship interior maps, (like those episodes of trek that took place entirely on the ship).

I saw a lot of people asking for the interior maps to be more varied, more flexible, and to allow for greater customization, but nobody asking for interior ship map based missions.

I don’t know dude, but it strikes me a little funny that before you ask me to read FORTY-NINE PAGES of posts you could have at least skimmed through my three little paragraphs first.

Last edited by haldan1968; 01-03-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Captain
# 4
01-03-2013, 06:08 PM
The only problem is that the unique ship interiors (Belfast and upcoming Intrepid) would require unique shuttlebays.

The Belfast, being a Defiant class interior, would only have one shuttle in it... and hopefully it would be the type 10 as the standard since having YOUR (The chosen) shuttle display would most likely not be do-able.
Lieutenant
# 5
01-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
The only problem is that the unique ship interiors (Belfast and upcoming Intrepid) would require unique shuttlebays.

The Belfast, being a Defiant class interior, would only have one shuttle in it... and hopefully it would be the type 10 as the standard since having YOUR (The chosen) shuttle display would most likely not be do-able.
The Defiant shuttle bay is indeed problematic. Even looking at the official schematic for that ship, the shuttle placement is just flat out wrong. Look at the schematic closely and you will notice that it falls far too low to be located in the center of the ship, and MUST be somewhere inside the nacelles (which makes zero sense), because that is the only part of the ship that sits that low.

In light of that, it could still be included at the far end of the engineering section (there is even a door there already on the Belfast map that leads to nowhere.. one of many in fact).

But I do feel your point is valid, and perhaps some of the more unique interiors would not have a shuttle bay interior. I would just be happy if any one of the interiors would have one.
Captain
# 6
01-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haldan1968 View Post
The Defiant shuttle bay is indeed problematic. Even looking at the official schematic for that ship, the shuttle placement is just flat out wrong. Look at the schematic closely and you will notice that it falls far too low to be located in the center of the ship, and MUST be somewhere inside the nacelles (which makes zero sense), because that is the only part of the ship that sits that low.

In light of that, it could still be included at the far end of the engineering section (there is even a door there already on the Belfast map that leads to nowhere.. one of many in fact).

But I do feel your point is valid, and perhaps some of the more unique interiors would not have a shuttle bay interior. I would just be happy if any one of the interiors would have one.
You want to see something really weird?

Get on a cloakign Defiant and look at the bottom of the ship. The circle, the shuttle bay, has doors that LOOK like they were designed to open.
Captain
# 7
01-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haldan1968 View Post
I don?t know dude, but it strikes me a little funny that before you ask me to read FORTY-NINE PAGES of posts you could have at least skimmed through my three little paragraphs first.
I never asked you to read all 49 pages of the thread.

I asked you to read the Google Docs document straight after the link, which contains the actual proposal.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots