Lt. Commander
After using the gateway, I noticed just how messy the organization of accolades presently looks. Currently the categories stand thus:

Commendation Accolades
Tour of Duty
Damage Accolades
Exploration
Exploration Accolades
General Accolades
Kill Accolades
Lore Accolades
Story Accolades
Undine Front
Events

...many of these categories contain only a small number of accolades, and some could easily be combined with others!

The first and most obvious change I am suggesting is that Exploration and Exploration Accolades be combined. Looking closer at their contents, I wonder whether they were only separate because of some code glitch to begin with. Next- Tour of Duty should be merged into Story Accolades. Rank ups and crew accolades would easily fall into the same category as what we find in the Story Accolade tab. And lastly; Undine Front and Events. There are very few accolades in these, and while this point is weaker than the other two I would suggest they be merged into Story Accolades or General Accolades.

The above ideas would refine the list down to give us the following categories:

Commendation Accolades
Damage Accolades
Exploration Accolades
General Accolades
Kill Accolades
Lore Accolades
Story Accolades

Neater, tidier, and more to the point. I know it seems like a very minor change, and that the team has a lot more important things to do, but this was bugging my OCD and I felt the need to post about it. Any thoughts or ideas?
Career Officer
# 2
01-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Wait.. you want less categories? The accolades already are a giant disorganized mess. The stuff is all over the place in a broken order, the lists for some are so horribly long it isn't funny. The whole game UI is disorganized though, from the exchange to the accolade system. Those lore accolades shouldn't be individually listed, they should be branched off so you can find them without scrolling past hundreds of items.

Lore-->2409/Romulan-->Volume X-->Chapter X
Damage accolades is a long list, so divide between damage types and receive/deal or the opposite

There should be a place for in progress accolades, so you can find them and work on them.

The foundry is a laggy UI disaster

The exchange, while improved, is still basic, and the category system is confusing, especially when many items don't really fit in those categories

The mission UI is organized really poorly, some borg red alerts are under event, some under areas, there is no consistency. Again, branching would make things 10x easier to red, sort and find, scrolling through screens and screens isn't a good idea.
Rihannsu
# 3
01-04-2013, 12:01 PM
yeah, FIRST create a nice UI, where one could organize himself

then, do the magic with shuffling categories
Captain
# 4
01-04-2013, 01:43 PM
My main problem with the accolade system is that the accolades are not in alphabetical order. I can understand grouping the damage received, damage done, and kill accolades based on type of damage and type of enemy so the types are listed in alphabetical order so it makes things easier to find. However, exploration, story, general, etc should be in alphabetical order so its easy to find if you are missing an accolade or not.
Career Officer
# 5
01-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Yes, the accolade page really does need a major revamp. It's not bad when you have a few, but when you got over 10000 point's worth, it becomes a big mess.

I seen some nice UI suggestions where they are nicely organized in picture form. And other suggestions like having the side tab be for the seperate categories.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
01-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Yes, the accolade page really does need a major revamp. It's not bad when you have a few, but when you got over 10000 point's worth, it becomes a big mess.

I seen some nice UI suggestions where they are nicely organized in picture form. And other suggestions like having the side tab be for the seperate categories.
Indeed, my computer starts to lag when I open mine up lol.
Formerly: Ally_of_the_Force/Now: A Ticked Off Customer
Member Since 10-2009/Murdered 6-2012
4 Year Veteran, Beta Tester 
NO TO ARC!!!