Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 463
First my load out

3 heavy cannons Antiproton Borg on front, Torp borg and turrents antiproton "yes you guessed it" borg

I am now hearing that they dont work so well and thats why they are gone. "news to me" So I am in a fleet that has all space weapons unlocked. I see they have Antiproton MK 12 heavy cannons. Should I replace mine with them?? If so what is the best borg killer since there are choices in the heavy anti proton cannons. "I wanna stay Antiproton" I have 5 purple antiproton consoles..
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 312
# 2
01-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmarsh View Post
First my load out

3 heavy cannons Antiproton Borg on front, Torp borg and turrents antiproton "yes you guessed it" borg

I am now hearing that they dont work so well and thats why they are gone. "news to me" So I am in a fleet that has all space weapons unlocked. I see they have Antiproton MK 12 heavy cannons. Should I replace mine with them?? If so what is the best borg killer since there are choices in the heavy anti proton cannons. "I wanna stay Antiproton" I have 5 purple antiproton consoles..
If your are only doing ESTF you can keep your borg weapons. The Borg modifier doesn't work on many borg enemys but fleet weapons are only marginally better. And that for 10.000dill a weapon xD
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,845
# 3
01-04-2013, 01:22 AM
Which are the best Anti-Borg Space Weapons for someone who is NOT in a Fleet?
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 307
# 4
01-04-2013, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Which are the best Anti-Borg Space Weapons for someone who is NOT in a Fleet?
Anything Mk XII with [acc] and [dmg], preferrably Polarized Disruptor (or Phased Tetryon if you're a carrier/teamplayer).
Antiproton with [CtrH] is rather good, too.

Of course there are the new Reputation weapons, too.

Last edited by lolimpicard; 01-04-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 463
# 5
01-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolimpicard View Post
Anything Mk XII with [acc] and [dmg], preferrably Polarized Disruptor (or Phased Tetryon if you're a carrier/teamplayer).
Antiproton with [CtrH] is rather good, too.

Of course there are the new Reputation weapons, too.
What reputation weapons? Beyond... the cutting beam or the torp there is no space based weapon that I could find.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 463
# 6
01-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Lets say I have the Dill to spare for the best antiproton heavy cannons. "again must have antiproton" I have 5 antiproton consoles purple So now I have 3 Heavy Cannons borg. What is better antoproton cannon "fleet" can I buy? There are a few choices so what one?

"I am a tact and play mostly PVE with a lot of STF's"
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 60
# 7
01-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmarsh View Post
What reputation weapons? Beyond... the cutting beam or the torp there is no space based weapon that I could find.
Omega Rep system: Cutting Beam + Omega Torp + Console = Omega Weapon Set.
Romulan Rep system: Rapid Fire Plasma torp + Experimental Beam Array + Console = Romulan Weapon Set.

In addition there are the Romulan Plasma Weaps (Arrays, cannons, beams, turrets, etc.) available through the Romulan Rep system.



To answer the OP's question, like you, I had the Borg AP cannon set + Borg Quantum torp for my Escort. When our StarBase had access to the Fleet Weapons (this is still prior to S7), I bought a full set of AP to compare to borg set.

Even in STF's, the Fleet set was better (multiple combat log parsing sessions). The Borg proc simply was not as good as advertised, and the cumulative increase in DPS with the Fleet versions more than made up for the loss of the Borg proc in STF's. My Borg weaps have been collecting dust in my bank for a few months now.

I like the Fleet Weapons alot, but there are many very good choices out there, such as the new Romulan weaps, and as another poster mentioned, the Polarized Disruptor, Phased Tetryon, and the Dominion Polaron, and other hybrid/exotics.

If you desire to stay with AP, then I would recommend going to the Fleet Weapons. And naturally, 2 days later, they will come out with a better set to buy/grind. ;]
@kardat Tradik | S'Kard | Taev | Roehzir | Taiben | Zairae Omega Family Fleet

"Some people are like Slinkies; completely useless but fun to push down the stairs"
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,730
# 8
01-05-2013, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmarsh View Post
First my load out

3 heavy cannons Antiproton Borg on front, Torp borg and turrents antiproton "yes you guessed it" borg

I am now hearing that they dont work so well and thats why they are gone. "news to me" So I am in a fleet that has all space weapons unlocked. I see they have Antiproton MK 12 heavy cannons. Should I replace mine with them?? If so what is the best borg killer since there are choices in the heavy anti proton cannons. "I wanna stay Antiproton" I have 5 purple antiproton consoles..
It would have been good to know the Mk of your Borg weapons but here you go.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=497281

Cheers

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
# 9
01-15-2013, 08:08 PM
I must ask since I am fairly new to the game and wondering a good bit on antiproton weapons. If I read correctly they go up to Mk XII, how do you get them? Only by fleet store? I know I can get them through dilithum store, or R&D up to make XI.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:53 PM.