Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Get Latest Sto Launcher Here!
01-04-2013, 06:06 PM
After struggling with my launcher not updating after what seemed like every update (and trying everything from port forwarding to getting a new ip), it dawned on me to try tethering my phone to my computer and update the launcher through there, and it worked. So I will try my hardest to keep this updated with the newest launcher every time mine fails to update through my home internet. Therefore I will know when there is a problem of the launcher not auto-updating, and I will also have a way to get a launcher that will work.

Latest Star Trek Online.exe as of: This link should be auto-updated

http://files.startrekonline.com/laun...k%20Online.exe

Enjoy!

-----

Edited with a more secure link that is updated anytime we update the launcher. Please use the link above. ~BranFlakes

Last edited by stnate; 01-24-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 2
01-04-2013, 06:15 PM
I've edited the OP with the secure and official link to use. This download is updated every time we update the launcher and should be used if you run into any launcher issues.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
01-04-2013, 09:07 PM
You are the man Brandon! I figured since I found a way to get my launcher to update, I would share it with everybody that has a similar issue. I'm sure the problem is not on the server end, and not on my end, which means that its probably my ISP (actually more like most likely, because they really do suck). But its the best internet I can get living out in the sticks. I appreciate the effort and everything all you guys do for the game, as I am sure many other STO players do.

Thanks again!
Ensign
# 4
01-29-2013, 12:21 PM
AHHHHH!!!! Similar issues... I had a problem with my cryptic launcher auto-update yesterday and you guys at STO put out a general message saying that there was a problem with some players probably regional. well today I opened the game up and yes you fixed it for about 4 hours I had to download the whole game again and at some point my gameplay froze and when I force closed, guess what... problem came back! not cool.... Please help someone.
Ensign
# 5 Bugs bugs bugs
01-29-2013, 02:49 PM
With the issues yesterday tried constantly for 3 hours to log in with 2 simi successful logins then locked up on patching from changing maps.. Since everyone from the West coast of the US seemed to have no problems it seemed maybe the routing system on the east coast might have issues, but between me n my ISP have 40mb connection did the net test n what not, had over 1,000+ kbs connection with all the stuff except those congo links that failed to reply...

After 11 PM yesterday pretty much after east coast prime-time like predicted I was able to log on and play without any issues. But today at 5:30 pm, 30 mins before prime-time, guess what, issues r back...
Ensign
# 6 still no connection
01-29-2013, 03:08 PM
north east usa and still cant connect, tried all the tests but no luck. any resolving this? thanks
Ensign
# 7
01-29-2013, 03:09 PM
Well I had no problems at all last night after work. I was able to get in and bounce between my account and my son's without issue. Today after work I can't get the launcher to connect at all.

Nice job Perfect World. I played 3 years ago during beta and they had problems like this then. I quit and never did buy the game after the beta because it was terrible then. Then a year later I played again during the 1 year anniversary. I never experienced the issue then, but this same stuff was happening on the forums for SOME people. They tried blaming Comcast and some specific providers and how they routed stuff. Now it's 3 years in and they're STILL having routing issues with this game. No other MMO has these problems, why is STO plagued with this still 3 years later?

This stinks man, I really had some time to play tonight too.
Ensign
# 8 Same thing
01-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Same thing today, was able to log on earlier today, but not now.
Would it not be better to have a standard log-in program and only
have to update the game from time to time, then need to update
everything?

Maybe everyone would be happier if we were compensated for our
trouble and down-time, like maybe 3 free keys for the lock boxes or ???
I mean I'd be much happier with free keys... just saying
Lieutenant
# 9
01-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I've edited the OP with the secure and official link to use. This download is updated every time we update the launcher and should be used if you run into any launcher issues.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon,

What if we keep getting kicked offline from the game, and it's not the fault of the ISP? Is there anything you know that may help fix this?
Vice Admiral Thylek Shran- U.S.S. Omega (Odyssey Class Battleship) United Federation Space Command
Vice Admiral T'vix RRW Talon (Scimitar Drednought)
General S'tal IKS Q'vat (Bortasq' Battle Cruiser)
Career Officer
# 10
01-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Can you provide the link for the CO launcher as well? Both of my launchers are so out of date, they won't do anything.