Commander
# 1 Mouse trail bug
01-07-2013, 09:22 AM
If you're like me and countless other STO players, you may have experienced a bug with a second mouse cursor trailing behind the first.

Not to worry! When the second cursor appears you can type /softwarecursor 0 to remove it. You can even bind it to a key in case it bugs out during combat. Hopefully that fixes it for you
Career Officer
# 2
01-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Very cool, I was wondering how to deal with that. Usually I would quit the game to fix it.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 3
01-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Only occurs for me as the result of two things:

1) The temporal crap which causes me to desync.
2) Boldly They Rode.

Can fix it by popping open the character window, going to skills, and just moving the scrollbar up and down. Could probably do it on any scrollbar. With the first instance, it's not only a case of the mousetail but keybinds not working, etc, etc, etc - so I'll usually pop the character window open and hit up the scrollbar before hitting respawn.

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Arcadia, Benthan Assault Cruiser
Commander
# 4
01-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Only occurs for me as the result of two things:

1) The temporal crap which causes me to desync.
2) Boldly They Rode.
The bug has apparently been around since Champions Online and it was never fixed. *insert Cryptic-bashing comment here*
Career Officer
# 5
01-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtheyak View Post
The bug has apparently been around since Champions Online and it was never fixed. *insert Cryptic-bashing comment here*
I've been using the text chat scrollbar, I like your tip better bob!

Ty littlest of yaks!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
01-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Many thanks for the tip but...I think this bug is an evul Klingun dirty trick!
Am I wrong or you Bobtheyak were pugging with me two days ago when our team won in an epic Arena match 15-14 against the evuls? And we were also losing 11-14...awesome!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Captain
# 7
01-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
If you're like me and countless other STO players, you may have experienced a bug with a second mouse cursor trailing behind the first.

Not to worry! When the second cursor appears you can type /softwarecursor 0 to remove it. You can even bind it to a key in case it bugs out during combat. Hopefully that fixes it for you
I will bear your babies for a thousand millennia for letting me know about this. Muchos gracias.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Empire Veteran
# 8
01-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Quote:

BUG???? I thought that was when the acid kicked in...........
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 9
06-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Oh yay, I didn't know this was a thing. I thought it was just my computer sucking.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Career Officer
# 10
06-03-2013, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
Oh yay, I didn't know this was a thing. I thought it was just my computer sucking.
It's posts like this that make it almost near impossible for me not to add a smartarse comment.
LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
I'd post constructively but I'm too busy dodging the Forum MOD's due to my usual posts.