Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Guest Blog: Epohh Tagging
01-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Community Member Mimey has written a Guest Blog that shares details about how you can earn hundreds of Romulan Marks by participating in Epohh tagging daily on New Romulus.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Empire Veteran
# 2
01-08-2013, 12:58 PM
I loved the epohh activities in Q's Winter Wonderland, but after a week at New Romulus epohh tagging, and not starting a single epohh, I decided there are other things that are more worthwhile. The cool down needs to be DRASTICALLY changed, as well as the cool down on the space patrol daily. Make them like the Omega STF cool downs please.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Empire Veteran
# 3
01-08-2013, 01:29 PM
i like the winter event version a LOT better, thats got a good amount of reward and total effort required, and not that stupid reseasch step. i hate how long it takes to get anywhere on new romulus.

cant get a group? well best you can hope for is 2 tags. so 2 days before you can run 1 doff project to get 1 research. and you need 5 of those before you can even even get a pup. then several more days before its fully grown.

i sure am going to miss the winter epohhs. just hope i can get all the rom marks i need from that for all the equipment projects before it ends.

oh, and its stupidly easy to get mass omega marks from doing faceroll easy stfs, wile it takes weeks to get any rom marks from these critters. what the hell.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Rihannsu
# 4
01-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Also, grouping seems bugged at least for me. In a team, it always seems that I've had to accept the mission, its not shared across the team. Unless someone knows what I am doing wrong.

And I agree, make this more like the Winter Event. Lower the total rewards to 200 for elders if you want, but take out the five days, minimum, to get an actual epohh. A good tagging run shoud let you start immeadately on raising one.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Empire Veteran
# 5
01-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Yeah reduce the cool downs on the romulan stuff to the way Omega ones are its kind of horrid atm to get stuff. Especially if you want to do this on a lot of character just isn't feasible. Especially if you have had problems where I have where you have to redo something.
Career Officer
# 6
01-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Takes too long to do the Epohh tagging on New Romulus multiple times to get one Epohh.

If you get a group for each tagging mission, it takes 6 days to make one pup. I get more marks doing the sector daily in the same time...

I liked the way it was done in the Winter event much more, subsequently I wont be bothering with Epohhs once the event finishes.
Career Officer
# 7
01-08-2013, 06:47 PM
yay for Mimey being featured.

Useful info too.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
01-09-2013, 04:41 AM
I have to admit, most of the assignments on New Romululs fail pretty hard.
You know your doing it wrong when your temporary winter event soundly whips your regular game play- even if it is for epohhs of lesser value.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guide and thanks for writing it in a clear and concise manner.
Now if we just had a epohh tag system that didn't take a multiple days of grinding to get tags, to turn into research, to turn into a pup, to turn into... (read: fun, actually).