Former PWE Community Team Lead
Quote:
Literary Challenge #36 : The Haunting of Deck 13
This is the comments thread for Literary Challenge #36 : The Haunting of Deck 13.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked. Maybe they can even go back then and tweak their entries!

Let's get those creative juices flowing!
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
01-08-2013, 07:30 PM
My entry is in.

It's short.

But I had to do it.
Rihannsu
# 3
01-08-2013, 08:26 PM
@designationxr377

Very good! Hope to be able to read another from you!

Mine is in now as well. I kind of wanted to humanize my Captain a little, show that he's been burying the effects of the loss of so many crew members with his duties, among other things. Chronologically, it's set maybe about a month after my previous entry (LC 35).
Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet
Captain
# 4
01-09-2013, 03:22 AM
With out spoiling anything once i read the challenge my mind immediately shot to this story and i managed to hammer it out in an evening. Hopefully it's not a bad read but i look forward to hearing what people think of it. Comments and feedback is always welcome.

as a side note let me know if there are any more question marks out of place, it seems like this problem has reared it's head again.

Last edited by wraithshadow13; 01-09-2013 at 03:29 AM.
Commander
# 5
01-09-2013, 04:12 AM
Nicely done guys. All of them so far have been good reads.

My entry is up now. My first thought on reading the entry was 'But the Nightingale doesn't have 13 decks', then I decided that in itself could make a good story.

I hope you like it
Captain
# 6
01-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Fantastic entries, all I'm... brewing...
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
01-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Another interesting challenge.

Can't think of any ideas off the top of my head, but I might come up with something sooner or later.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Career Officer
# 8
01-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Great entries by all.

@bortjinx

I see we had the same dilemma, and the same idea on how to get round it. But since you posted yours first I had to come up with something else, so I did

Here it is, I await your critique with bated breath.
Ikuzo, Trombe!

Last edited by amurorx0; 01-09-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
01-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amurorx0 View Post
Great entries by all.

@bortjinx

I see we had the same dilemma, and the same idea on how to get round it. But since you posted yours first I had to come up with something else, so I did

Here it is, I await your critique with bated breath.
Rather interesting entry.

I liked the Armor--very interesting.

And interesting cliffhanger--is it just me, or do quite a few of your entries end in cliffhangers?

Anyway, still no luck on inspiration on my end, but if I do find something, I'll write it down ASAP.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Career Officer
# 10
01-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
Rather interesting entry.

I liked the Armor--very interesting.

And interesting cliffhanger--is it just me, or do quite a few of your entries end in cliffhangers?

Anyway, still no luck on inspiration on my end, but if I do find something, I'll write it down ASAP.
They do indeed, usually because I can't think of a decent way to finish them... I'll tweak it if/when I come up with something.

EDIT... I thought of something xD
Ikuzo, Trombe!

Last edited by amurorx0; 01-09-2013 at 03:07 PM.