Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
For those familiar with Hilbert's guide, it walks you through setting up a tray 7 for keybinds to the spacebar.

Once you do the required steps...which I have not done yet...will I have to do this for each character I have? Every time I log in? Just once and I'm set for life? Just looking for clarification on this before I mess with it.
Captain
# 2
01-08-2013, 07:07 PM
In my experience (I possibly use another method to Hilbert) keybinds will stay permanent on a per-character basis until they're otherwise modified or reloaded. So you can set up different files or sets of binds for each character without any overlap.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 3
01-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
In my experience (I possibly use another method to Hilbert) keybinds will stay permanent on a per-character basis until they're otherwise modified or reloaded. So you can set up different files or sets of binds for each character without any overlap.
What he said.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Captain
# 4
01-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikkedjr View Post
For those familiar with Hilbert's guide, it walks you through setting up a tray 7 for keybinds to the spacebar.

Once you do the required steps...which I have not done yet...will I have to do this for each character I have? Every time I log in? Just once and I'm set for life? Just looking for clarification on this before I mess with it.
Per character, as Shimmerless says.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Career Officer
# 5 ...
01-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Very good, thanks for the replies.
Empire Veteran
# 6
01-09-2013, 09:09 AM
not sure why he chooses tray 7, i use tray 4 and 5 myself for 2 different key binds
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 7
01-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
not sure why he chooses tray 7, i use tray 4 and 5 myself for 2 different key binds
I can't remember either.

I can't use 4, since I have my "normal" tray in 1/2/4 because I use 3 as a hidden line to have ramming speed on Alt+2 (for historical reasons) without it taking up space on the UI or requiring a new custom keybind.

But I firmly believe that it made sense when I first wrote that keybind for myself. I did not "streamline" it for the public, because I wanted to avoid getting confused by subtle differences between my personal binds and the THG ones.
http://hilbertguide.com
Empire Veteran
# 8
01-09-2013, 09:49 AM
wile i respect anyone that makes binds by hand, i recommend just using this.

http://www.ifes.us/STOKeyBind/index.html

its foolproof and works like a charm. the hardest part about making keybind with this is hiting ctrl-V in the chat window in game.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-23-2013, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
tray 4 you can use with shift-1/0, tray 7 not.
So you can access 40 hot-keys (tray 1-4), if you use row 4 you have "only" 30.
Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=463
Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Republic Veteran
# 10
05-23-2013, 05:17 AM
i don't know why but my keybind is no longer loading on my new rom toon even after making sure i loaded the text command, i use the hilbert guide keybind which still works fine on my older toons