Lieutenant
# 1 Andoria... What a waste.
01-08-2013, 07:09 PM
A wish for season 8.

It would be great if Andoria could be developed a bit more. Maybe an area that could be used as a social zone.

Perhaps a slightly more temperate and inviting area, something like winter wonderland with some locals and an Andorian tavern. Maybe an exchange, bank, etc.

Might make a good tie in with the Andorian ship.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
01-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Andoria is just one of those failed dreams that got pushed into a micro singularity.
Earth Solar System
Starship interior games
All and more can be found in that sink hole.

That is not me speaking badly about STO. All compaines have dreams/plans that just does not get off the ground. 2 letters 1 number EV1 But who knows maybe they will have a reason to do something with it in the future. If not... its still a fun place to hike and run.
Captain
# 3
01-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Do you realize how cold Andoria is? There's a reason why those guys are blue, IJS.

Though I do feel ya. It's like realizing that you'll never be able to wipe those pesky Klingons off Uranus.
Captain
# 4
01-08-2013, 10:08 PM
I'd like to see all of the planetary maps get the New Romulus treatment. Earth might be well tamed but there must be something out there in the Vulcan desert.
# 5
01-09-2013, 01:04 AM
Hmm, me not so much, at least not for EVERY planetary map. New Romulus already has the feeling of a traditional ground-based MMO to me, except the quests are "ambient" and progress-based instead of "Do x number of y". That said, I prefer the New Romulus quest system to the Nukara Prime or Defera Invasion quest system, since you can do anything you like to get to 100% and more or less ignore the most boring (or hardest) stuff.

Rather, I'd like for SOME zones to be "New Romulus"-ized and OTHER zones, especially "peaceful" zones like Risa to get the "Q's Winter Wonderland" treatment. A medium-sized zone with regularly scheduled "event" quests that everyone can participate in.

Imagine it. Every 20 minutes, a Risa beach SHARK ATTACK where you fight sharks surfing in on the tide. And every 50 minutes, a Risa SWIMSUIT CONTEST, where only characters who bought the open jacket costumes are eligible.

And so on.
Career Officer
# 6
01-09-2013, 02:37 AM
I would love it if Andoria and Vulcan can get the New Romulus treatment. I wan to climb mohntains on Andor and hike the Forge on Vulcan. I am fine with Risa getting the Winter Wonderland treatment.
Captain
# 7
01-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
I would love it if Andoria and Vulcan can get the New Romulus treatment. I wan to climb mohntains on Andor and hike the Forge on Vulcan. I am fine with Risa getting the Winter Wonderland treatment.
*puts on trekkie glasses*

Andor is a gas giant, sir. It probably don't even have a solid surface, let alone 'mountains'. Andorians are from one of its satellites, Andoria.

*pushes up trekkie glasses with finger*
Ensign
# 8
01-09-2013, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmarsh View Post
That is not me speaking badly about STO. All compaines have dreams/plans that just does not get off the ground.
Yes, the companies that have dreams and plans that stay dreams and plans are the companies who's MMOs go free2play within a year after release (STO, SWTOR, POTBS etc.).

The companies that turn their dreams and plans into fun content are the ones that attract a stable and loyal player base and keep them for years (EVE Online, WOW, GW1, UO etc.).

Perhaps there is some sort of correlation between developer competence and success of the games they develop..? Who knows...
Captain
# 9
01-09-2013, 06:34 AM
As much as I'd like to see more developed planets I would prefer Cryptic to concentrate on content which both factions can enter, not only feds.
Captain
# 10
01-09-2013, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by init0 View Post
Yes, the companies that have dreams and plans that stay dreams and plans are the companies who's MMOs go free2play within a year after the release (STO, SWTOR, POTBS etc.).

The companies that turn their dreams and plans into fun content are the ones that attract a stable and loyal player base and keep them for years (EVE Online, WOW, GW1, UO etc.).

Perhaps there is some sort of correlation between developer competence and success of the games they develop..? Who knows...
I'm sorry, but the plans and dreams for GW1 ? This game was lacking every tool current MMO have, and the ones the die hard community will be very vocal about. No exchanges, no LFG tool, no raids, no instances, not even race choice. And they never came, except for the LFG tool, which was useless. GW1 was just a l4d like game with a nice pvp. Until they broke the pvp.
I wonder why so many stayed on it, probably because it was free and they were new to MMOs.

Back to topic, social zone are not important in this game. Some people keep asking for it, and when they are ingame, it's not enough and they want more. There are several social area, and how many people use them ? New Romulus was a difficult map to do, and yet a lot of people avoid it carefully because the fetch quests are annoying.

I'd rather see them spend more time on new quests, faction or whatever, than spending the same amount of work on a map that will be used once or twice by less than 1% of STO community.

There are already several social area ingame. Not every planet can be turned into one, or the game will seriously lack content. If your favorite planet is not a social one, I'm sorry to hear that.