Career Officer
# 1 LTS has NOT spent any RL $$$
01-10-2013, 08:50 AM
I am a LTS member and have NOT spent any RL money in the Z store since November 2012. I usually buy between 5000-10000 Zen each month.

The Dilth rate was at 88/1 yesterday, last time I bought dilth it was at 151/1. I will NOT spend anymore RL $$$ in the Z store untill the Dilth Econ gets fixed. This also means I will NOT be buying any more Keys for lockboxes either.

I am not alone, the other LTS members that I know have either curbed their spending or are NOT buying any Zen.

The dilth grind is long and sux...but my RL entertainment $$$ are better spent on "other" entertainment venues that DO NOT try to suck my pocketbook...dry.

Outside of the Dilth Econ being ran by greedy over the top business execs...I think the Devs are doing a...Wonderful Job.

Qa'pla
"Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
1000 day vet and LTS
STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010
Commander
# 2
01-10-2013, 09:14 AM
It won't be long until the established players have all things they needed to spend dilithium on, on most of their toons.
After this point it will only be the "adolescent" characters having to deal with this dilithium drain from reputation.
The pricing of fleet items and starbase projects is a much bigger and more long lasting effect, I think, but I think this has already stabilized for the most part.

We've already witnessed the value of dilithium falling over the last few days and I have no doubt it will continue to fall for a while until a certain equilibrium is reached after it had been upset by fleet projects/items and reputation.

Of course the exact value it will settle on is down to speculation and Cryptics future changes/additions in that regard.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 3
01-10-2013, 09:15 AM
The Dilithium Exchange is 100% player driven, and you and your peers set the prices: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=789911

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
01-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The Dilithium Exchange is 100% player driven, ...
Brandon =/\=
This statement is false. You (cryptic) set the supply and create demand for it, and you can (secretly or overtly) engage in active monetary policy by pumping zen or dil into the system, or taking them out, including fixing the trivial investigate officer reports daily which seriously impacted the market.

The exchange is player driven within the confines of the monetary (i.e. game design) regime set by Cryptic and adjusted as you see fit. If you increased (or decreased) dil costs for fleet projects or items by a factor of 2 without changing the rate of earning dil that would effect the dil-zen market. So '100% player driven' is not true, players don't control the dil prices for the dilithium sinks in the game, nor do they control the number of zen items in the store, their price, or desirability etc.

I'm not saying the exchange is bad. To claim it is 100% player driven is false however.
Career Officer
# 5
01-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsri View Post
This statement is false. You (cryptic) set the supply and create demand for it, and you can (secretly or overtly) engage in active monetary policy by pumping zen or dil into the system, or taking them out, including fixing the trivial investigate officer reports daily which seriously impacted the market.

The exchange is player driven within the confines of the monetary (i.e. game design) regime set by Cryptic and adjusted as you see fit. If you increased (or decreased) dil costs for fleet projects or items by a factor of 2 without changing the rate of earning dil that would effect the dil-zen market. So '100% player driven' is not true, players don't control the dil prices for the dilithium sinks in the game, nor do they control the number of zen items in the store, their price, or desirability etc.

I'm not saying the exchange is bad. To claim it is 100% player driven is false however.
External Factors will always effect a Market... that's kinda-sorta a given.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Commander
# 6
01-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsri View Post

That's quite the diss.
You're right, tho.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 7
01-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolimpicard View Post
That's quite the diss.
You're right, tho.
Nah, it's not a diss. But in the context of the OPs point about "the Dilth Econ [is] being ran by greedy over the top business execs" that I'm replying to, I feel I am correct -- it's being run by greedy players . Players set the price they are willing to trade for, and as it's been said many times, by many Devs, we do not manipulate the exchange. Sure, a new Item purchasable by ZEN or Dilithium will cause the market to fluctuate. Also, Dilithium has never been more accessible than it has been now, yet the market is still on the lower side. This is due to the buy and sell orders that players, not Devs, want to make.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 01-10-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Career Officer
# 8
01-10-2013, 11:40 AM
It is a bit ridicules where the market is now, as the OP said, I stopped buying zen for that reason.

I have a bunch of fleet projects to finish but I'll be dammed to spend 2x the amount to finish them now.

The players are the ones ruining the economy , all trying to undercut the next guy, well all that undercutting has reduced the price so damned much!

It needs to be cleared out and restarted! ( as insane as that might sound lol )
Career Officer
# 9
01-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
The players are the ones ruining the economy , all trying to undercut the next guy, well all that undercutting has reduced the price so damned much!
This again comes back to personal and fleet progression. The only reason to buy Dilithium is because you want it right now; if you are willing to wait, you can grind it, even if just by doffing your way to a couple thousand a day, which takes minutes. If you want it NOW, the only effective strategy is to undercut. Therefore, undercutting is inevitable.

The only exception is people selling their stipend, and they're a drop in the bucket.
Rihannsu
# 10
01-10-2013, 01:39 PM
people, you are adults, you play a game, which we all here LOVE.

we all buy Zen according to our wallet, or not, just being here with the community.

PLEASE, do as it suits you, buy a LTS, or don't ... buy Zen or grind Dill, but please do not ***** about it here in the forums afterwards..

it is all YOU doing it.. not Cryptic.