Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Career Officer
I have got blue version of Ophidian Cane and Shard of Possibilities with my main character.

Until 10AM PST of Monday, January 14th, 2013, the rerun of feature episodes offer orange version of Ophidian Cane and Shard of Possibilities as rewards.

If I discard my current blue version and do the rerun, can I get the orange version?

I wonder about this because the orange version is more visible than blue one (stand out more)
Career Officer
# 2
01-12-2013, 12:04 AM
Both items can coexist. The orange versions are "bind to account" where as the blue are "bind to character".
Career Officer
# 3
01-12-2013, 01:38 AM
Hey thanks for the reply, but it seems both of them are bound to character, and I can only have one.

I've tested discarding blue and getting orange on Tribble test server, and it seems to work.
So I am going to go ahead and do that so its easier to distinguish its a unique item.
Captain
# 4
01-12-2013, 02:27 AM
On one of my characters i have 2 Shards - i got one when the FE came out originally and the 2nd a few days ago - both have different text colour
Captain
# 5
01-14-2013, 03:22 PM
There's both an account and a character bound version of the Shard?

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Career Officer
# 6
01-17-2013, 05:58 AM
I was able to claim the orange Shard without discarding my purple one, one of my fleetmates could not, so it seems they can co-exist.... just not for everyone. Perhaps the Shard was updated between its original release and the previous FE rerun, which would mean there are actually three versions of it...

Then again, I was able to claim a second TR-116 and a second Automated Defense Battery on most of my characters, so I think the game doesn't always actually check if an item is "unique" or not.
Ensign
I wish they would bring this back I did not join until March. I would really like to get this because I want to build my toon around both of these but kinda hard when they take stuff off like this.
Captain
# 8
08-21-2013, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcane4 View Post
I wish they would bring this back I did not join until March. I would really like to get this because I want to build my toon around both of these but kinda hard when they take stuff off like this.
The featured Series was replayed again I believe when the expansion launched in May. They usually do it twice a year so it'll probably be brought back in December during the winter event.

Oh, and for the record, the mods don't like it when you necro post in a thread. (it's older than 30 days.)
Captain
# 9
09-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Besides the color of the icon and binding, is there any difference between the two? i've got the blue versions of each from the first runs, but over all i didn't even know there were purple or orange versions. What's the difference between the three?
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
09-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
Besides the color of the icon and binding, is there any difference between the two? i've got the blue versions of each from the first runs, but over all i didn't even know there were purple or orange versions. What's the difference between the three?
The only difference is the colour when you link it into the chatbox. Functionally, they are identical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes
To be clear, I despise the oddy outfit.