Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
The description about the hull/shield proc is as follows:

When receiving damage, 2.5% chance to restore [x hull or shield]. 10 seconds cooldown.

Now I am wondering: if I have 4 shield emitter consoles equiped and one of them procs a heal, does this cooldown then apply to all 4 shield consoles? Thus equipping more than 1 hull and 1 schield is a waste? Anyone knows the answer/ checked logs?
Empire Veteran
# 2
01-11-2013, 11:46 AM
i have a feeling these effects don't stack, only 1 is actually active at a time. by the sounds of it, having 2 consoles add a plasma dot to weapons does not double the dot you get. if you use plasma weapons thought, the tac console like effect does stack though. its likely the threat +/- stacks i would think
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i have a feeling these effects don't stack, only 1 is actually active at a time. by the sounds of it, having 2 consoles add a plasma dot to weapons does not double the dot you get. if you use plasma weapons thought, the tac console like effect does stack though. its likely the threat +/- stacks i would think
I'm not sure about the shield and hull procs, but the plasma proc for non plasma weapons does stack. Each plasma console adds an additional item on the weapon tool tip, but the procs are all linked along with the base weapon proc. If you watch the buff bar closely when it does proc you will see a plasma fire stack for each console equipped. This can be confirmed in the combat log, as each stack generates a separate line for listing the damage done. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I would guess that the shield and hull proc behave in a similar manner.
# 4
01-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacepenguin121 View Post
I'm not sure about the shield and hull procs, but the plasma proc for non plasma weapons does stack. Each plasma console adds an additional item on the weapon tool tip, but the procs are all linked along with the base weapon proc. If you watch the buff bar closely when it does proc you will see a plasma fire stack for each console equipped. This can be confirmed in the combat log, as each stack generates a separate line for listing the damage done. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I would guess that the shield and hull proc behave in a similar manner.
2 consoles would give 2 different plasma procs? well, i guess i was lied to then when i asked over opvp about it
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
2 consoles would give 2 different plasma procs? well, i guess i was lied to then when i asked over opvp about it
They are linked, so don't know if I'd call them different, but each console will add one stack of plasma fire, at least they did when I tested it a few weeks ago. If you want it retested, feel free to message me in game and I'll set up a test. Also note that individually the plasma procs from the consoles are weaker than the standard plasma weapon proc.
# 6
01-11-2013, 04:09 PM
this subject is moving into plasma proc.
A very important different between the hull and shield proc consoles is that they DO have a cooldown, and the plasma consoles dont. Plasma is just 2.5% chance of aply X dmg plasma....everytime, NO cooldown. So my question is about if the cooldown is shared ( = worth buying more consoles, or not.)