Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Career Officer
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

George Takei's facebook is one of THE most followed facebook accounts with over three million people receiving his status updates. (He's developed a reputation for sharing funny memes.)

Congratulations to whoever's character got featured and to the STO team for getting more exposure than a primetime television ad out of this.
Captain
# 3
01-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Oh my.....
How Cryptic can keep people from blowing through their content
1 - Hire more people
2 - Create more content
3 - Release it more often
It isn't rocket science
Career Officer
# 4
01-11-2013, 02:11 PM
As I said in ten forward, this is bigger exposure than some network TV ads. Three million people just saw this. And most of the 500 responses in under 15 minutes seem to think it's cool/funny and want to know what the game is and where to get one.

The STO folks should look at maybe adding another color nanopulse to the game in Takei's honor and making it something that people who pick up the game now could get, since the purple nanopulses would be hard for new players to get.

Maybe as an added 3rd anniversary freebie available from Akira Sulu? Maybe a different color to preserve the collectibility of blue/red/purple ones?
Career Officer
# 5
01-11-2013, 02:14 PM
I'll add:

What would be even cooler is to tie it into the event calendar so that Sulu moves to a new location on ESD (and Qo'noS?) every fifteen minutes, so everyone can get in the habit of asking where Sulu is again. :-)
Captain
# 6
01-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
As I said in ten forward, this is bigger exposure than some network TV ads. Three million people just saw this. And most of the 500 responses in under 15 minutes seem to think it's cool/funny and want to know what the game is and where to get one.

The STO folks should look at maybe adding another color nanopulse to the game in Takei's honor and making it something that people who pick up the game now could get, since the purple nanopulses would be hard for new players to get.

Maybe as an added 3rd anniversary freebie available from Akira Sulu? Maybe a different color to preserve the collectibility of blue/red/purple ones?
Sulu wore gold in TOS... How about a Yellow nanopulse blade on something with a hilt that is akin to a fencing foil...

An apropriate nod to this moment in Trek history
1 - Hire more people
2 - Create more content
It isn't rocket science

Last edited by sirsitsalot; 01-11-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
01-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
Sulu wore gold in TOS... How about a Yellow nanopulse blade on sonehing with a hilt that is akin to a fencing foil...
The 0-M.I. 9000 Nanpulse Fencing Foil!

Gold tegolar with an energy blade that looks fencing inspired. (Ie. long blade, ball on the end. Doesn't look too lightsaber-y that way.)

Comes with a shirtless costume unlock. (The art is already done for that, isn't it?)
Captain
# 8
01-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:

Gold tegolar with an energy blade that looks fencing inspired. (Ie. long blade, ball on the end. Doesn't look too lightsaber-y that way.)

Comes with a shirtless costume unlock. (The art is already done for that, isn't it?)
Also include some sword flourish emotes
1 - Hire more people
2 - Create more content
It isn't rocket science
Rihannsu
# 9
01-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
Also include some sword flourish emotes
Do it do it do it!
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Captain
# 10
01-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Quote:

I like it. STEP ON IT DEVS!!!!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.