Captain
# 1 romulan call in's
01-12-2013, 12:20 PM
so whens this being removed from pvp?

-the ability to use romulan reputation support call ins while in pvp matches.

needs to be removed from pvp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Career Officer
# 2
01-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 3
01-12-2013, 01:46 PM
I saw some feedback about this in another thread and passed it along to the dev team so it could be considered.

Please note that these are not operational assets (the ones that can be used in fleet events and include scimitars), which do not work in PvP. Instead, these support ships work like consumable fighters (scorpions from the Vault mission, peregrine fighters, etc.). They also have a 10 minute cool down, can be taken down fairly easily, and they share a global cooldown with fleet support, so it is a trade off to use one of these.

Continue to leave constructive feedback in this thread about it so the team can read it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 4
01-12-2013, 01:52 PM
as i had mentioned- the major concern i have is that the pvp community fights so hard to reduce the amount of spam and then new needless things get added in, effectively making the fight to reduce spam pointless.

Quote:
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Do you even Science Bro?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 5
01-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
as i had mentioned- the major concern i have is that the pvp community fights so hard to reduce the amount of spam and then new needless things get added in, effectively making the fight to reduce spam pointless.

What are your thoughts on it being a tradeoff since it puts your Fleet Support ability on a global cooldown? Is there a certain power from the ships you've seen that has made them more difficult in PvP? Feedback like this will be very beneficial for the team

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 6
01-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
What are your thoughts on it being a tradeoff since it puts your Fleet Support ability on a global cooldown? Is there a certain power from the ships you've seen that has made them more difficult in PvP? Feedback like this will be very beneficial for the team

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
the issue with that is that the fleet support can only be used when your hull is at 50% or less, im under the impression that the romulan ships do not have that restriction. if thats in place and if the romulan warbird doesnt have vm/shockwave (i havent seen if it does or doesnt) then i guess that would be about as balanced as it could get, and so long as their cooldowns cant be decreased with powers/doffs/other items/gear sets....

then the only issue is... it isnt "star trek" at that point. its "alien trek" but thats a whole seperate issue from pvp.
Quote:
Do you even Science Bro?
Empire Veteran
# 7
01-12-2013, 02:12 PM
when a d'd is called in, its basically a free VM, a PSW, a TB, and a string of strong plasma torps

thats pretty much all you need to put someone in a position were they can be easily killed. really dont need something like that poping into pvp imo
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 8
01-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
1.) These ships are being called at any time. Fleet support only worked when your hull is down by a sizable amount.

2.) I was in a match where D'deridex's were being spawned in addition to all the spam of photonic fleet, vectors, pets.

Quite simply, it was ridiculous. On another note, the dev's need to tone the explosions down. The graphics overload since season 7 is insane. (completely off-topic, I know)

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 01-12-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Closed Thread