Rihannsu
# 1 Social Activity Ideas
01-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Hi as many of you will may know quite a few of us have for sometime been wanting to have more social activities to do in game,things like poker and pool. Here are my ideas for social activities in game that could be if needs be sold in c store and please feel free to put forward your ideas for fun things to do as well. Am hoping this will stimulate some significant discussion on this topic and that cryptic might take some notice

On Board ship:
  • Pool
  • Snooker
  • Poker Texas Holdem
  • Air Hockey
  • Chess
  • Paint Balling

On Social Zones e.g Risa:
  • Surfing
  • volly ball
  • flizby
  • Skiing
  • Sledding
  • Paint balling
  • Speed boating
  • water skiing
  • ice skating on Andoria
  • Pool Tables
  • Tenis
Captain
# 2
01-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Paintballing would be cool, maybe as a PvP use for a modified version of the guns from the winter wonderland. I'd also love to see the starbase's chess board getting more use than being a statue.

Dom Jot (similar to pool/snooker, but I'm not completely sure of the rules) is canon, I'm not sure about any of the others you mention.

To add to your list, there's a dartboard (upside-down, for some reason ) in Quark's, so that'd be good too.

With games like GTA and the PSN Home thingy having pool minigames, it shouldn't be that hard to implement, and I remember Shenmue had a very good darts game back in the early 2000s, so that should also be pretty doable too if the dev team wanted it.
Rihannsu
# 3
01-13-2013, 09:44 PM
Thank you for your thoughts much appreciated well like I said in my original post these were just some ideas I had, I know some of them won't be feasible right now for programming reasons etc. However I do feel this is an area which needs to be expanded and not neglected am hoping that if enough people post suggestions in this thread Cryptic may just bow to public pressure and do something about this. Because the winter land sadly goes away tomorrow and so will end for the next 11 months anything really fun and interesting to do in a social zone lol
Captain
# 4
01-13-2013, 11:39 PM
The latest Ask Cryptic has some info about this

Quote:
Q: (maddinm214) When will social zones receive an update?

Dstahl: With the success of the New Romulus and Tholian Adventure Zones, we are looking to go back to our existing social zones and give them a similar treatment. One of the zones being thrown about for a possible Springtime or Summer event is to have it take place on Risa or somewhere similar where all factions could enjoy some fun in the sun.
This is merely possible future content that might not occur.
Rihannsu
# 5
01-14-2013, 06:01 AM
Hi, yeah that might be the case at the moment but I wanted to stimulate discussion and ideas that Cryptic might look and see which ones are feasible. We have the power to change this game for the better all we have to do is keep the pressure and eventually they will have to acknowledge this issue among others.
Rihannsu
# 6
01-30-2013, 04:37 AM
Come on peeps you must have some ideas of what kind of social activities you would like to be able to do in game on the various social zones
Ensign
# 7
04-25-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
I'd also love to see the starbase's chess board getting more use than being a statue.
sorry, im new, and dont know all features. there's chess boards to play on stations? We can play if u want.

Mavecow, in game.
Lieutenant
# 8
01-30-2013, 09:49 AM
I have to agree that the social aspect of the game is lacking people team up for borg missions and such but afterwards its like they disbane at some point it need to be looked into.

I stopped by Risa last night looking for rare food items for a duty officer mission and nothing is there.

1. You need some sort of swim coustume I looked out of place in my uniform.

2. There is no vendors or activitys anymore.

This happend to delfar, and Bajor, Andor and Vulcan. Unless your doing a mission there's no point in going to these places.

These areas were suppose to have rare weapon vendors were you could get rare faction ships, Weapons, and equipment.

Lobi crystals store needs to be upgraded so you can buy boxes of 2 to 8 crystals for 2,000 latnum this would bring people back to dabo tables without hurting the lobi store in any way. 800 lobi at 2 to 8 gives you 200,000 latnum or more just to get a ship from the lobi store.

Terrordome needs to be put into the que system.

Crystal entity needs to be redone so you have to shoot x amout off shards then set up harmonic sensors around it that finally destroys the thing.

We need more weapons and equipment I look through this site to get some great ideas for weapons and equipment new ships. http://www.trekcc.org

Just by going through one set of cards I found weapons that should allready be in game

D'k Tahg
Equipment

Kar'takin

Mek'leth

Last edited by z69evermoon; 01-30-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Rihannsu
# 9
04-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Come on peeps you must have ideas about what kind of social activities you would like to see in STO come in and post them and maybe one of the those nice Cryptic folk will come along and read and maybe post a response or two

Please don't "bump" threads.

If you have more to say, by all means please post.

~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 04-12-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Captain
# 10
04-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkepsilon1 View Post

On Social Zones e.g Risa:
  • Surfing
  • volly ball
  • flizby
  • Skiing
  • Sledding
  • Paint balling
  • Speed boating
  • water skiing
  • ice skating on Andoria
  • Pool Tables
  • Tenis
I demand that KDF get a mission where they get to storm the beaches of Risa with Bat'leths.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.