Starfleet Veteran
# 1 best weapon type
01-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Whats the best weapon type to use? Atm im using tetryon but thibking of using polaron is that good? Whats it do?
Empire Veteran
# 2
01-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkarie14 View Post
Whats the best weapon type to use? Atm im using tetryon but thibking of using polaron is that good? Whats it do?
Polaron proc reduces the power on it's target. Like a power drain, but you get no extra power from it. The amount drained can be improved with Flow Capacitor Skill and Consoles, thou it is a small amount.

"There is no 'Best' (anything), there is only what works 'Best' for you."
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Captain
# 3
01-15-2013, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
"There is no 'Best' (anything), there is only what works 'Best' for you."
FALSE.

Plasma does the best damage. You've got the Romulan singularity harness set that boosts plasma damage. You've also got the Romulan ultra rare consoles that boost plasma damage. You will do more damage with plasma right now than any other energy weapon.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
01-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Where can i get plasma dual heavy cannons from? I have a plasma torpedo but is weak compared to my quantum
Empire Veteran
# 5
01-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
FALSE.

Plasma does the best damage. You've got the Romulan singularity harness set that boosts plasma damage. You've also got the Romulan ultra rare consoles that boost plasma damage. You will do more damage with plasma right now than any other energy weapon.
Countered by STF Shield which have a 20% plasma resistance. wonk wonk woooonk.

pst. The Jem'hadar set gives you the same amount of bonus to polaron, and cost you no Dilithium to get.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...

Last edited by darkstarkirian; 01-15-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
01-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Well as i say atm im using tetryon dual heavy cannons which is a nice shield droppwr but i heard polaron and anti protin are amazing

Atm on my defiant i have 3 tetryon dual heavy cannons on front with a quantum torpedo, on the rear i have a tetryon phaser and a quantum mine launcher
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkarie14 View Post
Well as i say atm im using tetryon dual heavy cannons which is a nice shield droppwr but i heard polaron and anti protin are amazing

Atm on my defiant i have 3 tetryon dual heavy cannons on front with a quantum torpedo, on the rear i have a tetryon phaser and a quantum mine launcher

Try using turrets on the back of the defiant instead of beam arrays. Much better DPS when facing your target when doing shoot and scoot strafing runs that the defiant excels at while dropping your mines as you fly past the target for your next run.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
01-15-2013, 08:50 PM
I did useba polarized turret but didnt c much damage happening i was thinking on my mobius about having 2 tueerts on the back and a mine launcher that good?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-15-2013, 08:44 PM
In PvE there really isnt a "best". But rather just your preference. I use Phasers, Anti-proton, Polaron, Plasma and Polarized Disruptor cannons on my various ships. For ground on my Klinks I still use the KHG with my old Borg (pre rep system) Anti-proton assault rifle. On my Fed I still use the Omega set with Tetryon pulsewave. It really doesnt matter.

In PvP it depends on what role your playing and your build. Shield stripper? Use Tet. Power drain build? Use Polarons. DPS? Disruptor and Anti-proton rock face. In PvP, plasma is still the worse to use. Even with the Romulan gear plasma bonuses, most people generally have 30%+ in plasma resists BEFORE the STF shields with 20% more resist on top of that.

Last edited by ryeknow; 01-15-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Captain
# 10
01-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Countered by STF Shield which have a 20% plasma resistance. wonk wonk woooonk.
Only if all you care about is PvP. In PvE, Plasma do the best damage.

Quote:
pst. The Jem'hadar set gives you the same amount of bonus to polaron, and cost you no Dilithium to get.
The Jem Hadar set does not buff polaron damage as much as the singularity harness and the Romulan science consoles buff plasma damage. Also the Jem Hadar set is garbage.