Captain
With this game getting closer to release, I have an idea. Why not all of us that love this type of game, make a Star Trek nation within Simcity 5? It sounds like a good idea, making a zone that is shared by STO members. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy637m8Cskw
Captain
# 2
01-16-2013, 02:07 PM
I'll be up for it, as long as:

1) Somebody hooks me up with a copy of Sim City 5

2) It is possible to import canonically-correct buildings as custom 3D assets

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread
Career Officer
# 3
01-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
I'll be up for it, as long as:

1) Somebody hooks me up with a copy of Sim City 5

2) It is possible to import canonically-correct buildings as custom 3D assets
IIRC, there is no ability to upload user-created content since they force you to play in an online community.

If what I just said is true, and I'm hoping someone will tell me it isn't, #2 is not likely to happen. Otherwise I would definitely like to be a part of this ST nation, but it seems I will stick with SC4 for now.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Captain
# 4
01-17-2013, 04:55 AM
Simcity 4 is fine, but I was thinking everyone from here that's getting the game, why not pool together under into one area of that game. Call it STO Nation or whatever works best for a name. I am still wondering what type of town I want to make. Oh well back to Simcity 4 to work out the details hehe.
Republic Veteran
# 5
01-17-2013, 05:12 AM
I broke my copy of SimCity 4 by installing waaaaay too many plugins. Suffice to say, my hand built city looked amazing, but the game crashed within a few minutes.
Career Officer
# 6
01-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Due to the ridiculous DRM EA is slapping on this game. I will not buy it! The game does look great though and it is a shame they had to ruin any possibility of me buying it.