Lt. Commander
# 1 FED or KDF , why?
01-17-2013, 05:45 AM
When I first came into the game I knew immediately what I want to be in the game, a Federation officer.
My friends who have been in the game longer than me was on Klingon Empire side , they offered me help to level up and in-game equipment but I refused for one reason ... I do not like KDF faction.

Why did i pick up FED over KDF is easy...I watch every single ST show and movie that came out and from that time i wanted to became starfleet captain , to present federation in PvE and PvP combat.

Why i didnt chose KDF is easy again...lots of people would say lack of content but that isnt it because if you love something you will play it regardless of content that this faction have.
I didnt chose them because of false honor , i do not see honor in enslaving weak and small , killing helpless and attacking peacefull races/aliances.
One of last klingons that know what true honor is was Worf , damn i love that guy.

This is my story why i did chose FED over KDF in STO , and why i still play with my fed captain character over 1 year .

I would like to know why did you chose FED or KDF side in STO..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Career Officer
# 2
01-17-2013, 07:37 AM
When I started playing, I didn't have the option to start as a Klingon (unlock at level 20 / 25 whatever it is). I obviously then started with a Federation character (an Andorian to be precise). Since my joining (a year today if F2P went live a year ago today) I have had several FED characters, and several KDF characters.

I prefer playing as a FED character, and the reasons are quite simple; there is more for them to do, and there is more of a variety. I've currently got four toons; two of them are old (one FED, one KDF) and the other two are a week old (again, one of each). There is enough variety between my FED toons (missions, ships and clothes) that I can make use of them. My secondary KDF toon is lacking though. With limited clothing selection and not much to do, I find myself always going back to my FED toons. I hardly play my primary KDF toon either (I get the datachip and dilithium daily, but then jump back).

It's a shame, cause I'd like to play more KDF but I just can't get into it. For me, ships aren't a problem, it's the clothes and hair that puts me off playing; it's far too limited. Thus, until more variants are added (in addition to other KDF-playable races) I'll be primarily on my FED accounts.
Captain
# 3
01-17-2013, 08:08 AM
I like them both, but visuals and large ship selections tend to favor the federation side mainly because i think more people like playing that particular faction, but this is just my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-17-2013, 08:15 AM
I play FED because I play my character as myself...just in the Star Trek setting.
# 5
01-17-2013, 08:42 AM
I play both. I think i actually enjoy KDF more atm because they dont realy have a massive uniform code. And the fed players usually dont look anything like Federation captains. It annoys me deeply, especially with all those episodes about pride in the uniform, what it stands for. And now they just throw it out the window and you have people running around in frikkin whatever....

That said, i do like my Fed toon alot aswell. As long as i dont look to much at other players.
Commander
# 6
01-17-2013, 08:47 AM
I have both Fed and KDF characters, but I tend to play one of my Feds more than anything else. Why? Because she flies a variation of my favourite ship out of any Trek series - the Defiant.
Career Officer
# 7
01-17-2013, 10:45 AM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-i...85/STO2012.png

'nuf said

hmmm...

on the other hand... that pic is like at least half a year old, time to make a new one!

there you go:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-a...STO2013-01.png

'nuf said
Commander
# 8
01-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plox21 View Post
...lots of people would say lack of content but that isnt it because if you love something you will play it regardless of content that this faction have.
Baloney. Lack of content is exactly why I don't spend that much time on the KDF side.

I have a plethora of characters, including some KDF characters. They don't see nearly as much play because of the lack of content. Flesh out the storyline to match the Federation, and I'll definitely spend more time with my KDF characters.

I'm not a robot; I will not play a given faction regardless of how much content it has. It's not about "love", it's about enjoyment. I would enjoy playing Klingon content as well, but I'm not going to spend a lot of time on a character that doesn't have much of the kind of content I enjoy. PvP is not my forte. I enjoy immersive missions, episodes, and storylines.

The Foundry is beginning to help fill the holes for the Klingons, but it has a long way to go.