Lieutenant
# 1 1st, 2nd, 3rd ?
01-18-2013, 06:39 AM
Been playing now for about 6- weeks and enjoying the game. During that time I have repeatedly run Starbase 24 and Gorn Minefield missions for Dil and drops. Last night, myself and one other person carried the Gron minefield missions as others were either door sitting or chasing fire flys. We finished the mission and I got first place and end message had two purple drops. During Starbase 24 I finished 3rd a few times.

Now, what I dont understand is how the ranking are determined? Finishing first I could understand on the mission where most folks were not active but if everyone is active how is the determination of place done? damage or some other mechanism?

Celtic Fist
Career Officer
# 2
01-18-2013, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticfistcoh View Post
Been playing now for about 6- weeks and enjoying the game. During that time I have repeatedly run Starbase 24 and Gorn Minefield missions for Dil and drops. Last night, myself and one other person carried the Gron minefield missions as others were either door sitting or chasing fire flys. We finished the mission and I got first place and end message had two purple drops. During Starbase 24 I finished 3rd a few times.

Now, what I dont understand is how the ranking are determined? Finishing first I could understand on the mission where most folks were not active but if everyone is active how is the determination of place done? damage or some other mechanism?

Celtic Fist
So far as I recall, it's based on the number of ship-kills.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
01-18-2013, 07:02 AM
It varies by fleet action. They haven't revealed the whole system, but the major factors are interactions and damage/kills against objectives. Not dying also counts pretty high - you don't seem to be penalized for dying, but it does lock you out of gaining points for a while while you respawn and fly back to the battle.

Romulan Temple I've managed to take first without firing a single shot because there's a huge number of interaction objectives that count fairly heavily. Same applies on Breaking the Planet, there's a huge number of interactions you can rack up points on, but also swarms of enemies and more kill objectives.
Gorn minefield you can make up for wasting the first phase chasing the mineral samples by getting most of the repair interactions in the second.
Klingon Scout Force you can end up ahead by not wandering like most people do - this one never has enough ships spawned in the first two phases to fill the objectives, so people tend to spread out and kill what is spawned while waiting, but my system for reliably getting 1st/2nd is to stay in the objective area and be the first one on top of the respawns when they start.
Starbase 24 there's no interactions and ships spawn in large, tight groups, so indiscriminate AOE damage is usually the way to go, try to target Negh'vars in the second objective and let the AOE clear out all the rest.
Lt. Commander
# 4 i asked for u:P
01-18-2013, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Q: (akpa) can you provide use with more information about the starbase 24 and gorn minefield 's rating system? and will be any improvements so that we may see the top and how we earned our place there?

Dstahl: We have refrained from sharing specifics because each Fleet Action is slightly different in the way they score (i.e. it depends on the structure of the mission). For example, the Gorn Minefield event scores on Frigate Defeats, Mining Facility Repairs, and the final Boss Defeat, in addition to other factors at different intervals. The real issue is that the score may be too complex to display in a meaningful way, and so we will consider this as feedback when we look at how we could improve player participation, much in the way that Call of Duty or Halo would.
this is from Ask Cryptic: January 2013

If we all live in boxes that doesn't mean my box is the same color like yours