Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Bug still exists.
01-19-2013, 04:53 AM
Since replying to a relevant thread that has been inactive past 30 days is considered, childishly, "necroposting", I have decided to create this thread.

This bug still exists, however, it is not limited to this map, but all maps. When you have a target locked on, die, and respawn, you are stuck on a flight trajectory towards the target until you disengage. This bug has existed for far too long. I am aware of the workaround, however, this should not be happening in the first place.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=410301
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2013, 04:19 AM
Still exists.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-26-2013, 06:36 AM
Still exists. Still waiting for a fix.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2013, 01:36 AM
Waiting for this to get fixed, still.
Commander
# 5
01-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Problem still exists for me too. Have gotten knocked off twice in the last hour, then launcher won't load.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Still exists. This is ridiculous.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 7
02-05-2013, 05:30 PM
The team is aware of this issue and is working on a resolution. I don't have an ETA, though. As a workaround, if you de-target (hit [ESC]) upon respawn, you'll regain control.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 8
02-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The team is aware of this issue and is working on a resolution. I don't have an ETA, though. As a workaround, if you de-target (hit [ESC]) upon respawn, you'll regain control.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I'm curious. How long has the team been "aware of this issue"? Did you just find out about it now?

I started playing this game at the very beginning of October 2012 and this bug plagued me for a couple weeks. That is, until someone in the Vault Shuttle event told me the work around. Ever since I hit the ESC key until I get the game options window to pop up, every single time I respawn.

Must be a complicated bug to fix. I'm no computer programmer lol. It's nice to see you guys at Cryptic are trying to work on fixing old bugs that have been around for a long time. Little by little.

Thank you PWEBranflakes.
Self Portrait
Commander
# 9
02-06-2013, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
I'm curious. How long has the team been "aware of this issue"? Did you just find out about it now?

I started playing this game at the very beginning of October 2012 and this bug plagued me for a couple weeks. That is, until someone in the Vault Shuttle event told me the work around. Ever since I hit the ESC key until I get the game options window to pop up, every single time I respawn.

Must be a complicated bug to fix. I'm no computer programmer lol. It's nice to see you guys at Cryptic are trying to work on fixing old bugs that have been around for a long time. Little by little.

Thank you PWEBranflakes.
This is STO. Things go a little slower around here This game was released 3 years ago, but I've encountered betas with less bugs. One of my favs is when people get sometimes kicked from a private queue when you are starting the match. That bug exists since... the introduction of private queues
Wanna read more about loooong-standing bugs? Go visit the foundry-forums
STOWiki admin.
Captain
# 10
02-06-2013, 09:17 AM
So *that's* what's been happening! I was wondering. It only happens to me on occasion. I usually am clicking around and selecting other targets, so I didn't realize holding the same one on death would cause that lock.