Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Open PvP?
01-19-2013, 10:58 PM
I was just wondering. I have been trying to find some real info on PvP future updates.

When will STO be introducing open pvp? Or PvP sectors?

PvP, where we would have to defend our starbase from random attacks from other players.

Thank You,

Captain Xon
Director of Logistics Research
Tactical Operations Fleet Delta
Career Officer
# 2
01-19-2013, 11:38 PM
I hope they do. Sadly the PvEers would probably complain about the additions if they were forced to fight in it, so it probably won't be made a priority by Cryptic.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 3
01-20-2013, 12:00 AM
well....

werent the FED and KDF at was at some time ???

make the Eta Eridani block open pvp

we need more zones like kerrat and n'vak

thats the thing this game is still lacking A NEUTRAL ZONE
(where most of the fights in startrek actually happend imo)
Captain
# 4
01-20-2013, 03:08 AM
there was this one mission that was introduced to tribble... where the klingons had to raid transports and the feds had to stop them.

the entire premise sounded awesome!

they freaking put the spawn point for both sides at the same spot -_-

the mission never made it out of tribble (season 4ish i think) and we've never heard/seen from it again.

-single tear rolls down cheek-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Rihannsu
# 5
01-23-2013, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
I hope they do. Sadly the PvEers would probably complain about the additions if they were forced to fight in it, so it probably won't be made a priority by Cryptic.
People will complain if they are forced to do things they don't like. There is no "probably" about that.
Career Officer
# 6
01-23-2013, 03:10 AM
The vast, vast majority of STO's customer base has no interest open world PvP. While I would dearly love to gang up with my fellow Pandas and engage some folks in unexpected and non-consensual PvP while they're playing carebear, STO is not the right game to do that in.
12th Fleet | Sad Pandas | Starfleet M.A.C.O.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-23-2013, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naldoran View Post
The vast, vast majority of STO's customer base has no interest open world PvP. While I would dearly love to gang up with my fellow Pandas and engage some folks in unexpected and non-consensual PvP while they're playing carebear, STO is not the right game to do that in.
thats why i never see any pandas in kerrat aint
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-19-2013, 11:59 PM
I can tell you with absolute certainty that open pvp will never happen in this game. I have been playing since before open beta and they have been promising some sort of open pvp or sector control from the very beginning. they simply recently has stopped talking about as much. but anyone who has any experience in this game can tell you that it will be a PE Care Bear fast until the end of time which is probably sooner than we all think

sorry dude
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-23-2013, 01:40 AM
surprisingly enough a dev was on opvp tonight said there is actually a possibility for further pvp updates, including a new game mechanic territory control etc. we can only hope

<S>
Rihannsu
# 10
01-23-2013, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoejoe View Post
surprisingly enough a dev was on opvp tonight said there is actually a possibility for further pvp updates, including a new game mechanic territory control etc. we can only hope

<S>
Yeah, talk talk talk. Maybe he lost a bet with his Co workers and had to say something to the PvP community about future updates. I m sure Stahl just got better at rock paper scissors lizzard spock and no longer has to do it every month.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013