Lieutenant
Is there a way to make the players go to their bridge and make them interact with their officers? I wanna make a mission that allows the player to explore alternative ways of progressing through the mission by talking about different possible issues with their bridge officers. Like this : Find a way to break into the Enemy's planetary transporter inhibitor. I want the player to converse with it's science officer for multiple possibilities. I want the player to talk to his crew so he can choose a path of action. All leads to different results. Please tell me it is possible ATM.
Career Officer
# 2
01-22-2013, 11:52 AM
You can't use the ship's actual bridge (the one that you go to in game). You can make a fake one though. I've seen some people just pick an arbitrary one, or use a "battle bridge"

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Rihannsu
# 3
01-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Hmm... maybe the Astrometrics Lab?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 4
01-22-2013, 12:57 PM
You can do a ready room. Just use any bridge template, put the spawn point in the ready room, and block off the door so they can't enter the bridge.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q

Last edited by psycoticvulcan; 01-22-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
01-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
so they can't enter the bride.
lol

Anyway yeah you can always build another area of the ship not available in the interior maps, such as astrometrics, and have everyone congregate there.

here's mine: http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/up...trometrics.jpg
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Captain
# 6
01-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
lol

Anyway yeah you can always build another area of the ship not available in the interior maps, such as astrometrics, and have everyone congregate there.

here's mine: http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/up...trometrics.jpg
Fixed.

That room looks awesome, by the way.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
01-22-2013, 01:47 PM
I've actually also done what Zorbane described, built an auxiliary bridge so I wouldn't have to try and depict a player's main bridge, which obviously you can't do with any accuracy.

So in the mission (on a space map) I have the ship get hit, a BOFF yells that the bridge is venting atmo and and you all high tail it down to the aux bridge, at which point you enter my custom interior map.

Don't have a screenshot handy though, so go play my missions
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
01-25-2013, 09:54 AM
This may not work for your mission but one I'm working on had you consult with a captain of another ship using their ship and thus their bridge. Many times in the show it is a verbal debate on who transports too who's bridge, maybe it is you that must do it this time