Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,416
# 1 new lockbox details
01-22-2013, 02:55 PM
JESUS! my god....


-cries-

http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=804951


jem heavy attack ship with pets, jem carrier with pets, polaron-phase hybrid weapons....



there goes the game again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,416
# 2
01-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Wait till the premades get a hold of these ships + consoles. It's not like they need any more help to obliterate stuff in under 2 seconds as it is.

A Jemmy with that console on. Oh dear me. And do they stack? And what is going to be the combined effect of a SNB and this new attack pattern on someone's defenses?

And Fed teams are going to have a field day with these things, if you consider the already ample team duffs dished out by the Vesta and Steamrunner class ships. Sigh.

/Team Target [Noob]: Fleet Maneuver Gamma, SNB, VM
[zone]: LMAO

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 01-22-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,015
# 3
01-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Here's your answer to the placate b.s.:
Quote:
This universal console will allow the use of a powerful attack pattern known as ?Fleet Maneuver Gamma? which increases the damage, flight speed and maneuverability of all nearby allies while granting them temporary immunity to a wide variety of perception and maneuverability debuffs.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 759
# 4
01-22-2013, 03:30 PM
..Whut? Feds get a bioneural nuke? Has cryptic read their own description for that item - No Stafleet officer would ever equip that thing as its sentient AI tortured and molded into a 'living' weapon! (Not that it'll stop me from using it a few weeks down the line when the gambling addicts try to recoup their losses, but they go on about retaining canon so much..)

As to the rest..ho hum -new ships that only the lockbox-addicted will get, yet another nail in the coffin of pvp and using anything else but escorts in pve new doffs that'll likely have a sting in the tail as bad as snb doffs, a god-awful looking pet, a rediculously overpriced upgrade package for the jem set (going by th 'upgrade' for the tholian cystal set), more mirror escorts for escorts online (klinks meanwhile get a carrier which has its pros and cons) and hilariously pointless dilithium mining claims (woo...yet more surplus dil to sit unrefined as we have a refining cap!)

...It makes me glad I've never spent a penny in or on this game, I'll just get my prizes at a 100% chance rate off the exchange and leave the lockbox bs to those with more money than sense
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
# 5
01-24-2013, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
/Team Target [Noob]: Fleet Maneuver Gamma, SNB, VM
[zone]: LMAO
/NOOB has survived.

NOOB - USS I HAZ RSP!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,123
# 6
01-22-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm not too worried about the new ability consoles.

Considering how many great passive consoles there are (Assimilated Module, Tachyokinetic Converter, Zero-Point Energy Conduit), there are only so many other consoles you can fit on a ship.

Since most Bugs are going to use all 5 tactical consoles for damage boosters, that leaves 5 consoles for them to work with. If they have the 3 I mentioned above, that means they can only have 2 consoles to play with.

I'm already having this problem with my Fleet Tactical Escort Retrofit. If a bug uses the two new consoles, they will have to give up some defense or offensive consoles.

Also, I wonder if there will be any new lobi consoles available this time...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,416
# 7
01-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
I'm not too worried about the new ability consoles.

Considering how many great passive consoles there are (Assimilated Module, Tachyokinetic Converter, Zero-Point Energy Conduit), there are only so many other consoles you can fit on a ship.

Since most Bugs are going to use all 5 tactical consoles for damage boosters, that leaves 5 consoles for them to work with. If they have the 3 I mentioned above, that means they can only have 2 consoles to play with.

I'm already having this problem with my Fleet Tactical Escort Retrofit. If a bug uses the two new consoles, they will have to give up some defense or offensive consoles.

Also, I wonder if there will be any new lobi consoles available this time...
True. But that still leaves the bad-ass carrier on the team with the team attack pattern aimed at you. One which a well trained Jem'Hadar Attack Ship pilot will gladly exploit on the carrier's behalf

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 01-22-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,416
# 8
01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
I'm not too worried about the new ability consoles.

Considering how many great passive consoles there are (Assimilated Module, Tachyokinetic Converter, Zero-Point Energy Conduit), there are only so many other consoles you can fit on a ship.

Since most Bugs are going to use all 5 tactical consoles for damage boosters, that leaves 5 consoles for them to work with. If they have the 3 I mentioned above, that means they can only have 2 consoles to play with.

I'm already having this problem with my Fleet Tactical Escort Retrofit. If a bug uses the two new consoles, they will have to give up some defense or offensive consoles.

Also, I wonder if there will be any new lobi consoles available this time...
or you can take the carrier and (if you have a bug ship) just call in waves of your own jem ships to attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 112
# 9
01-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
or you can take the carrier and (if you have a bug ship) just call in waves of your own jem ships to attack.
As long as the JHAS pets don't have SNB like the NPCs
Join Date: Sep 2009
[23:35] Horta deals 1738411 (1538303) Toxic Damage to Centurion Engineer with Corrosive Acid.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,416
# 10
01-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Kinda strange that there is no Dominion faction. Half the ships in q's are Dominion LOL. Or will be.

And that is one Faction I would like to be part of!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:14 PM.