Career Officer
Now this is the 3rd time over a period of 12 months that I have mention this problem, with not even a burp from drinking too much soda from Cryptic. I am getting, putting it nicely as the rules let me, cheesed off about the ignorance I have received. I even been onto Branflakes twice on twitter too.

The problem I have is from the foundry mission The Flooods at Home Part 2. (ST-HMVKDJ2ZS)

I set up a scene on the Amberley map, where you setting up a Command Post. I have a objective task of a scene of having a generator get beam down, but when the trigger has been activated and objective is complete, the generator does not appear. I have gone over numerous times to check and see if it is not something I did. I heve done it correctly.

Bug ID: 1,453,239.

I have set 2 generators inside of each other too, with one set for the beam in, one for turning on the generator.

I also know that scene has worked before, for I have set a simular scene from Floods Part 1 with a generator getting beamed in on the Rockhampton map which was made before season 4, I made the Amberley scene after saeason 4. So it looks like there is abit of code missing, or something in that nature.

So unless you want to fly accross the Pacific with a cricket bat and knock on the front door, PLEASE say somthing meaningful in going to have a look into this problem. For it will be better than saying nothing at all.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
01-23-2013, 11:55 AM
I am sorry you haven't gotten a response on this before. This is the first time I have been made aware of the issue and I will be investigating.
Career Officer
# 3
01-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
I am sorry you haven't gotten a response on this before. This is the first time I have been made aware of the issue and I will be investigating.
You most likely wouldn't of seen them since I posted them before your join date.

But thanks for taking the time to finally get it looked at, looking more forward to seeing it finally fixed.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 4
01-24-2013, 07:23 PM
OK, I've looked this over and here's what I'm seeing. You have two Interact With Object Tasks to "Place markers for generators" and each of these tasks has two invisible objects as the Objects to be interacted with. The completion of both of the tasks is the visibility condition for two differnt pairs of generators, four total.

As such, when I go to the first interact location and click the Place Marker button, I get the interact animation but the generator at that location does not appear. When I go to the second interact location and click the Place Marker button, I again get the interact animation and the generator appears. When I go check the first interact location again, the generator there has appeared. This is what I'm seeing for both pairs of generators.

With the way the mission is built, this is correct behavior. The appearance of both generators is contingent upon both Place Marker locations being interacted with.

I have not yet seen a situation where any of the generators just fails to appear once its visibility criteria has been met. Can you let me know which generator(s) are failing to appear for you so I know where to focus my attention? As with your other report, we seem to have a less than 100% repro case, in which case I'll keep looking, or the new build has rectified the issue. If you can check this yourself to see if it is still occuring, I'd appreciate it. Let me know what you find.
Captain
# 5
01-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
OK, I've looked this over and here's what I'm seeing. You have two Interact With Object Tasks to "Place markers for generators" and each of these tasks has two invisible objects as the Objects to be interacted with. The completion of both of the tasks is the visibility condition for two differnt pairs of generators, four total.

As such, when I go to the first interact location and click the Place Marker button, I get the interact animation but the generator at that location does not appear. When I go to the second interact location and click the Place Marker button, I again get the interact animation and the generator appears. When I go check the first interact location again, the generator there has appeared. This is what I'm seeing for both pairs of generators.

With the way the mission is built, this is correct behavior. The appearance of both generators is contingent upon both Place Marker locations being interacted with.

I have not yet seen a situation where any of the generators just fails to appear once its visibility criteria has been met. Can you let me know which generator(s) are failing to appear for you so I know where to focus my attention? As with your other report, we seem to have a less than 100% repro case, in which case I'll keep looking, or the new build has rectified the issue. If you can check this yourself to see if it is still occuring, I'd appreciate it. Let me know what you find.
It's really great of you to do this for WV, Frost. Thank you.
Career Officer
# 6
01-27-2013, 03:16 PM
OK, I hope I got the idea of what you wanting.

The generators I used for the beam in effect are:

The Hanger Building.
Generator - Civilian 01 #1 (#157)
Generator - Civliian 01 #2 (#158)

The Tents
Generator - Civilian 01 #5 (#222)
Generator - Civilian 01 #6 (#223)

I hope this is what you want.

Hope this get fixed soon, with since I based this of the major floods 2 years ago the went through Queensland, Australia. And if you been keeping up with the news, I might need to beam down the generators again for Floods at Home Part 3.