Ensign
# 1 Which rep line to go
01-24-2013, 12:27 AM
So i recently got to lvl 50 on my fed tac character (Armitage ) and I was wondering which rep line to go down.

I was at first thinking that i should get borg gear because i heard that they give good bonuses. I currently have a mostly Polarized Disruptor build and at some point will like to switch to a all romulan plasma weapons.

my mine question is what rep line to start first? and what is the best why to obtain the rep marks. Currently I've been playing mostly been playing STF

Also i am not in any fleet.
Captain
# 2
01-24-2013, 12:38 AM
For Romulan marks, farm Epohhs on New Romulus or do the sector patrol (turn in during bonus hour). And honestly you want to do both, the Borg up to at least level 4 for all the passives, and the Romulan up to 5 both for the passives and because on beating the mission you get from T5 you get a bonus of 32k dilithium. Even if you aren't going to buy the gear, the passives alone are worth the investment.
Captain
# 3
01-24-2013, 12:41 AM
Do both at once since it takes 20 hours for each project that gives reputation. At the start, you can do it every other day. Do the Tau Dewa Daily and Epohh Raising for Romulan Marks and Elite STFs for Omega Marks. The Epohh Raising gives 400 Romulan Marks every 5 to 8 days if you team up with others and the Tau Dewa Daily gives 60 Romulan Marks which can give 75 if hand it in during the reputation event. The other ways to get Marks just don't give as much as these methods.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
01-24-2013, 12:57 AM
I would also recommend to do both Reputations, as they give you passive abilities and one active ability that are extremely useful.

Once you have reached the ability to get it, I would suggest you try to get your hands on a MACO shield... with Deflectors and Engines of a different set as you see fit; both the 2-piece Borg set (for addded hull heals) or the 2 piece Omega set (for Tetryon Glider, bonus shield damage) would serve you well.

Unless you want your Armitage to be a Plasma Torpedo boat, the Reman and Romulan sets won't be that useful, though.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Career Officer
# 5
01-24-2013, 03:28 AM
You don't need a fleet, it is personal progression. And do both, no reason to choose.

Dec/2008
Career Officer
# 6
01-24-2013, 08:04 AM
Yea, as long as you are reasonably patient and reasonably dedicated to getting the marks, expertise and EC (and later dilithium for the gear) required to start the rep projects, it's relatively painless if you actually enjoy playing the game. You can get your full Borg Mk X ground set in about 2 days and after that I would recommend doing Elite STF's for the omega marks and dilithium as you get a lot more. Just make sure you know what you're supposed to do before you do that (if you don't already), there are plenty of guides on the forums and there's nothing more embarrassing and cringeworthy to watch than someone all kitted out in their shiny MACO/Omega/KHG who obviously doesn't have a clue what they're doing

And yea, once you put in the initial 5 days for raising up your Epohh, you can get 400 marks per day.
Commander
# 7
01-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Only need to do one STF per day to get your fix of marks (and some surplus, at least initially) - so I'd certainly do that.
If you find the time and drive to also do Romulan dailies: go ahead - a few of those will net you enough marks, too.
Overall it's only an hour of game-time or so to get marks to keep both lines running for two days.

Ultimately you'll likely need more Omega marks than Romulan ones, altho this isn't always true; and Omega marks are easier to get as well.

He's dead, Jim.

Last edited by lolimpicard; 01-24-2013 at 08:08 AM.