Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Commander
But the only ship I really want is the Dominion Dreadnought, which, as it turns out, would require me to open up around 200-300 Lockboxes anyway. Ah well, I guess I, along with I hope many others, will just wait until next time.

Your loss cryptic.

/end depressed half-rant
More anything?
"MORE EVERYTHING!"
-Jerry Seinfeld on Star Trek Online Content

Foundry Works: Uncharted
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2013, 04:58 AM
Buy it with EC.
Commander
# 3
01-24-2013, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesolc View Post
Buy it with EC.
As in, buy master keys with ECs?

I can't even afford 2 right now, and I'm doing most everything I can to get ECs (sell stuff, grind missions, etc.)
More anything?
"MORE EVERYTHING!"

Captain
# 4
01-24-2013, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloace View Post
As in, buy master keys with ECs?

I can't even afford 2 right now, and I'm doing most everything I can to get ECs (sell stuff, grind missions, etc.)
No. Buy the packaged ships off the AH. The 800 ones usually go for about 60 million (once things settle down). Do fleet actions and sell the purples you get at the end, and once you get some decent capital, play the market.

For instance, a clever person would have bought Polaron consoles and master keys about a month ago... Knowing that prices would spike with the release of a dominion lockbox. Same thing with the plasma consoles at the release of season 7... I think I made about 150m just off buying cheap Mk XII plasma consoles and selling them at a massive profit.

Last edited by xantris; 01-24-2013 at 05:55 AM.
Captain
# 5
01-24-2013, 05:59 AM
Nah, save more EC and buy the ship with EC off the exchange, I think he meant. Or buy keys with EC and/or dilithium, but the first method is the only one you can be sure of getting it.

Of course, that way you could also use those credits to buy contraband, turn that in for dil, exchange that for 5500-6000 zen and buy two top tier c-store ships (or one 3-pack).

Buying keys... meh. You can get lucky, but consider this: the drop rate is really low. As in 0,5% or lower. And random. So opening 100 lockboxes does not give you 100x0,5%=50% chance, but 100 times the same 0,5% chance. Use more than 50-60 keys and you'll be cheaper off buying it from the exchange, probably (particularly if you can wait a few weeks).

So it depends... do you feel lucky?
Commander
# 6
01-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Ah...that's a lot a money. I've been thinking on it more, and I think if I really focused on EC grinding I could pull it off. Problem is I still have fleet projects, both rep systems and dilithium grinding to worry about...

Do you think if I played the lockbox game, I could make enough per opening to buy another master key on the Exchange?

Also when you say Auction House, you mean Exchange right?
More anything?
"MORE EVERYTHING!"

Captain
# 7
01-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Don't be so quick to get every toy that comes out just because its new. Watch and see how others perform in it, there is a good chance you might change your mind. I haven't been impressed at all by how I have seen some do in it already. This ship has an absolutley horrible boff layout, way too much tac to be able to use effectivley for a ship that moves and turns so slow. Big slow ships like that need more eng and sci for heals to keep them alive since they won't be moving as fast keeping defense score high.
Commander
# 8
01-24-2013, 03:12 PM
I knew when last month Keys were going for 1 mil each and Zen was extremely cheap I should stock up on both. And with the Key sale today and the cost of Keys between 15-16 mil, I made enough EC to buy both ships. The Dreadnought for 89 mil and the Escourt for 100 mil. I had 190 mil saved up. And made 160 mil as soon as the Servers came up and I dumped about 100 keys on the exchange (they all sold instantly). So 100 keys I bought for cheap zen and about 50 for 1 mil a piece when they were cheap, got me both ships and lots of EC left over to buy the new Phased Poloron weps to go with them.

Last edited by admgreer; 01-24-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Captain
# 9
01-24-2013, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloace View Post
But the only ship I really want is the Dominion Dreadnought, which, as it turns out, would require me to open up around 200-300 Lockboxes anyway. Ah well, I guess I, along with I hope many others, will just wait until next time.

Your loss cryptic.

/end depressed half-rant
170-190, assuming its 800 lobi like the Tholian recluse. Best way to get ships is to grind EC, which is exceptionally easy to make if you put your mind to it.