Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
Jack Emmert, chief creative officer of Cryptic Studios, was interviewed by the Associated Press about Cryptic's plans for Star Trek Online:
"You'll venture through space exploring new civilizations and life-forms," said Emmert. "You'll also beam down to planets and have adventures inside your ship. It's a galactic-wide game. There's going to be tons of space to investigate. We have a great system for exploration, which will allow for almost infinite possibilities."
Read more here!
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-08-2008, 12:20 PM
So can we name our new species that we create? What if other players want to make one as well for RP reasons, will there be a template of some sort?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Padre View Post
So can we name our new species that we create?
Oh yeah i'm sureyou will be able to name your own species. they'll probably have it just like picking nanes as they go you cant use that name.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Padre View Post
So can we name our new species that we create? What if other players want to make one as well for RP reasons, will there be a template of some sort?
Well, considering all star trek aliens (with a very few exceptions) are basically humans with various different bumps and spots on their head/hands, I imagine there will be a ton of variations and if two happen to be very similar (romulans/vulcans) then its no big deal, you just explain it away with "oh the race was split when one faction took off to found their own dealio" just like they do in the show.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-08-2008, 12:20 PM
*drags in luggage from the other thread* RIGHT! Where were we?

Oh yeah.

STUPIDLY excited for the footage, guys. I'm especially thrilled to hear the emphasis you've put on exploration, and the freedom we'll have in creating our characters.

Party on, devs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-08-2008, 12:22 PM
The fact that we get to make our own races is amazing!

And that now also confirms Gorn are in the game.

So far this game isnt looking to bad, it doesnt look like the Trek Game we all wanted it to be just yet. I think with time and money the devs can make it that way though.

Very excited about being able to adventure in my won ship though!

Just hope I can have friends in the ship too!

-Jive
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Thanks Kestrel.
I might be running into you next Friday, I'm hoping you're bringing some CO Tees to trade for some fine ERDs
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiveturkey126 View Post
So far this game isnt looking to bad, it doesnt look like the Trek Game we all wanted it to be just yet. I think with time and money the devs can make it that way though.
I just want to note, if I may wax philosophical a moment, that sometimes, when we don't get the game we want, we find the game we never knew we really wanted.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizi View Post
I just want to note, if I may wax philosophical a moment, that sometimes, when we don't get the game we want, we find the game we never knew we really wanted.
Sometimes we think we know what would be fun for us, but we don't know what others think would also be fun for us... and they may be right.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KO_Gilligan View Post
Sometimes we think we know what would be fun for us, but we don't know what others think would also be fun for us... and they may be right.
*nods solemnly*