Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 341
I think one of my faviorets is Terra Prime(second to last episode of Enterprise), especially when Archer gave that one short speech at the end.

Whats one of the most memorable Star Trek episodes to you(any series)?

P.S. im not sure if im in the right place to post this
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 574
# 2
01-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Hard choice....

There are a number form TOS, TNG, Voy.

But my one all time favorite would have to be Trouble with Tribbles.

The insults and sarcasm that Kirk lays on the Federation secretary is great.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,100
# 3
01-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Inner Light full stop.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,060
# 4
01-24-2013, 06:54 PM
The Visitor because... because... *sniff*
_________________
Nebula coffee is the best coffee
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 5
01-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Wait - good memorable or bad memorable?

Good - In the Pale Moonlight - finally got to see an effective and ruthless Erim Garak at his actual profession. He lies, he spies, he murders and you end the episode sorta glad he did it all. Avery Brooks did a little scenery chewing in some of the scenes, but otherwise a good episode.

Also, we got this out of it......

Bad - Can't remember the episode title but its the TOS episode where Kirk gets ridden like a horse by a midget and Spock flamenco dances.

Wish we hadn't been given this.....

Edit: TOS "Plato's Stepchildren"
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 909
# 6
01-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Wow. Tough choice. I guess I'll go with the earliest for me.


Best of Both Worlds Part I.

Riker: Mr. Worf, fire.... *cut to black*

I was one unhappy 12 year-old. TNG ended around 11:30 p.m. where I lived and I'm pretty sure I was the only one in the house still awake when I let out a gutteral "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Porthos is not amused.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 887
# 7
01-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Another vote for Inner Light. That was a good episode.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,060
# 8
01-24-2013, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
Wow. Tough choice. I guess I'll go with the earliest for me.


Best of Both Worlds Part I.

Riker: Mr. Worf, fire.... *cut to black*

I was one unhappy 12 year-old. TNG ended around 11:30 p.m. where I lived and I'm pretty sure I was the only one in the house still awake when I let out a gutteral "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"
I was in my twenties. Wasnt too enamoured with TNG at the time. I fully admit that episode and cliffhanger grabbed me by the shorthairs and held on until the season premiere.
_________________
Nebula coffee is the best coffee
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,279
# 9
01-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek1234567 View Post
I think one of my faviorets is Terra Prime(second to last episode of Enterprise), especially when Archer gave that one short speech at the end.

Whats one of the most memorable Star Trek episodes to you(any series)?

P.S. im not sure if im in the right place to post this
That's one of my favorite episodes too. The idea of xenophobic humans trying to undermine Earth's interstellar relations was just a brilliant idea, and would have made a great series finale.

Some other favorites include "The Inner Light" (beautiful), "The Magnificent Ferengi" (hilarious), "In the Pale Moonlight" (Elim Garak), and "Scorpion" (just plain epic). Before anyone flames me for not including any TOS episodes, I'm just going through that series for the first time.

(And OP, this is indeed the correct place for this thread. )
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 10
01-24-2013, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Before anyone flames me for not including any TOS episodes, I'm just going through that series for the first time.
Do yourself a favor - skip "Plato's Stepchildren"

Without a doubt the most surreal and bizarre episode of Star Trek. Ever.

That episode could have ended with Kirk and Spock freebasing heroin from bent spoons on the freakin' bridge, and it would have only raised the bizarre factor for that episode .02%.

Seriously.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:43 PM.