Ensign
# 1 Fix or Scrap Character
01-24-2013, 09:05 PM
I've reached level 50 VA Fed and think i made some mistakes with skill sets. Engineer with balanced skills all over every skill set is filled up to Commander. Woulds like some suggestions on fixing skill sets or just scrapping. Have already made of new Tac char but haven't started yet. I tend to play the tactical and support role simultaneously. Ship play i tact ground i support. Have also Assault cruiser and if keep the VA Engineer would get a new ship.
Rihannsu
# 2
01-24-2013, 09:22 PM
you know, a skill respec automatically resets all of your skills, you don't need to trash the character.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2013, 09:58 PM
500 Zen gets you a retrain token. Either way, you can still have fun in end-game content, you just won't be at the top of the damage boards. If you decide to retrain, STOAcademy has a build sharer that you can filter by career and ship. Since you like doing damage and supporting an Assault Cruiser might be best, but I don't personally have an Engineering character.
Ensign
# 4
01-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancemeszaros View Post
500 Zen gets you a retrain token. Either way, you can still have fun in end-game content, you just won't be at the top of the damage boards. If you decide to retrain, STOAcademy has a build sharer that you can filter by career and ship. Since you like doing damage and supporting an Assault Cruiser might be best, but I don't personally have an Engineering character.
Hmm retrain sounds like a better option then trashing.

i was eyeing an Oddy as new ship. is that good for damage/support?
Rihannsu
# 5
01-24-2013, 10:50 PM
There are Respec officers at ESD and DS9, IIRC the ESD respec officer is in the central core and the DS9 one is in the cargo bay, by the exchange. You may not need to buy a token with Zen, if you're a gold player you should have several free ones.

Oddys are OK, they are good in the right hands, but they have terrible maneuverability, if you do get one, pay extra for the full set, you get a bonus if you have all the special consoles and all the pets are pretty handy.

Last edited by f9thaceshigh; 01-24-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Captain
# 6
01-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Scrap... Later. Because unless you're an altoholic you'll get bored eventually of chasing Epohhs and do it anyway.
# 7
01-24-2013, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
you know, a skill respec automatically resets all of your skills, you don't need to trash the character.
Where do i get a skill respec?