Ensign
# 1 Best T5 VA Ship Engineer?
01-24-2013, 10:48 PM
VA 50 Engineer currently have Assault Cruiser, wanna purchase a T5 ship. I play damage/support Engineer. Have zen to buy, looking at Oddy's as my choice unless something else better.
Captain
# 2
01-25-2013, 12:53 AM
Odyssey has maximum healing, tanking, and versatility (though you'll be kicking yourself later if you buy one, find you love it, then realize you should have bought the 3 pack). Excelsior has maximum offense for a Fed cruiser (because of the extra speed) while still being quite durable. Regent is balanced in the middle, being quite similar to the assault cruiser you're currently using except for slightly different officer seating, a little more weapons power, and the wide-angle torpedo. All are solid ships, but they're enhancements and tweaks, not game-changers.
Republic Veteran
# 3
01-25-2013, 02:12 AM
Yep, try the Tac Oddy, Regent, Excelsior Retro/Fleet, and maybe the Galor too. The Fleet Assault Refit might be the best of the lot, but requiring a tier 5 fleet shipyard, it is near impossible to get at the moment.
Lieutenant
# 4
01-25-2013, 02:29 AM
I have the Excelsior.

Personally I think it's a great ship, so I can at least attest to its usefulness
Career Officer
# 5
01-25-2013, 12:49 PM
The nice thing about the Regent is that you get a torpedo you can use in your broadsides, along with Tac BOff slots to carry torpedo abilities. The console that lets you fart has great utility. It's not necessary though, I just broadsided with the Rapid Fire Missile Launcher fore and the Kinetic Cutting Beam aft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Odyssey has maximum healing, tanking, and versatility (though you'll be kicking yourself later if you buy one, find you love it, then realize you should have bought the 3 pack).
This is the situation I find myself in. The experimental plasma array has me pondering a 7 beam plasma boat with a KCB at the back. Only the energy cost of 6 beams and 1 turret!

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8nge1 View Post
A really good RCS console for turning would help right?
Generally, the ships that want it don't get much out of it, and the ships that don't really need it make best use of it. It's a % increase, which doesn't really work well.

As a random aside, I'm not that fond of the Oddy's bridge. It's shiny and neat, but you don't get nearly enough BOffs showing up and a lot of positions are left unfilled even though there's one or two BOffs just standing around.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 6
01-25-2013, 05:14 AM
Quote:
VA 50 Engineer currently have Assault Cruiser, wanna purchase a T5 ship. I play damage/support Engineer. Have zen to buy, looking at Oddy's as my choice unless something else better.
You can pretty much get a viable build out of every 10-console ship out there, therefore you'll probably get 15 different answers to that question with all of them being right.
Captain
# 7
01-25-2013, 06:58 AM
ot meaning to sound trite but any ship will do. It's how you use it that matters.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Ensign
# 8
01-25-2013, 07:19 AM
Yep been looking at all those ships. being support/damage I want a ship that fits that well. Thanks for the help Ill look a those ships. Oddy 3 pack looks like a god investment
Career Officer
# 9
01-25-2013, 07:32 AM
Quote:
The Oddy is a good ship, (but turns like a pig in a mud wallow...) There are better ships (IMHO) but their not available in the C-Store... I currently fly a D'Kora. The Galor and the Fleet Excelsior are also excellent 10 Console Cruisers...
Ensign
# 10
01-25-2013, 10:12 AM
Yeah a D'kora or Galor would b a nice change of pace but i have more zen than EC or Dil and haven't found a decent fleet yet either