Lieutenant
On the C-store for 30 bucks or so. I wanna get it but I dont wanna spend all that money to get Lobi crystals to get the damn thing.
Captain
# 2
01-24-2013, 11:58 PM
Because they make more money in lottery.
Career Officer
# 3
01-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
This. Why charge only $30 for the ship when they can charge you $300 or $3000 for a chance to get it?
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain? Is he learning to fly?
Captain
# 4
01-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Why couldent PWE sell the Jem?Hadar Dreadnought Carrier?

The better question is why didn't Cryptic wait and release a Dominion faction with rewards like Romulan and Omega? (Although having maximum positive reputation with everyone at the same time even in the idealistic Star Trek universe is more than a bit absurd.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
That is the answer to any and all questions pertaining to the Cryptic decision process. Longevity and quality of gameplay are not factors.
All cloaks should be canon.
Captain
# 5
01-25-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
That is the answer to any and all questions pertaining to the Cryptic decision process. Longevity and quality of gameplay are not factors.
Oh you bet your ass they are factors. They got to have short term goals before they can have long term ones.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 6
01-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Oh you bet your ass they are factors. They got to have short term goals before they can have long term ones.
Short term goal: what lockbox can we release this month?

Long term goal: what lock box can we release six months from now?
Empire Veteran
# 7
01-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Short term goal: what lockbox can we release this month?

Long term goal: what lock box can we release six months from now?
That was priceless
Empire Veteran
# 8
01-25-2013, 12:01 AM
Pretty much the reason they've given us since the JHAS originally came out:

CBS (apparently) doesn't want non-Fed/KDF ships that much in circulation.

Which was tossed out the window even back with the Tholian lockbox, and it finally hit the ground with the Chel Grett.

In other words, it's not really that believable anymore, due to the sheer number of these ships about anyways.

Besides, people are willing to pay heaps of money anyways for these, and Cryptic has a good thing going on, it ain't changing anytime soon, if ever.

Lieutenant
# 9
01-25-2013, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Pretty much the reason they've given us since the JHAS originally came out:

CBS (apparently) doesn't want non-Fed/KDF ships that much in circulation.

Which was tossed out the window even back with the Tholian lockbox, and it finally hit the ground with the Chel Grett.

In other words, it's not really that believable anymore, due to the sheer number of these ships about anyways.

Besides, people are willing to pay heaps of money anyways for these, and Cryptic has a good thing going on, it ain't changing anytime soon, if ever.
I'd pay 30 or bucks to get that Jem Hadar ship.

Would be nice if they put the ships in the C-Store 6 months after the lockbox ends.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
01-25-2013, 12:03 AM
It is obviously both. And frankly, I see more faction ships in the queues and in sector space than non-faction ships, so it even works for CBS. And it also works for everyone of us, because, I mean, they now have 50 developers. Fifty! I am really looking forward to all the interesting stuff they will produce. ^^