Captain
I'm training up a tac Saurion toon, soon it will be Lvl 50.

I was thinking of making a Phaser Cannon build for this toon. I have both the Armitage and Defiant Retrofit waiting and have the Quad cannons which i want as part of the set up.

I already have a boff trained in rapid fire 3 and torpedo HY 3 and working on getting Scatter 3 as well.

What do you guys reccomend?

Thanks in advance guys.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Career Officer
# 2
01-27-2013, 04:54 AM
It is not if something is good or not it's if the proc fits in with your build.

To me of course Phasers are good. I used them since I started this game a while ago and only changed when i was hunting down accolades. Now I'm back to using full phasers, so yes, phasers are very good, in pve and pvp.

But in the end your choice is your choice in builds and set ups. be it plasma, disruptor, anti proton, so on and so forth but if you want to mix and match things just used the phased version then you get the best of both worlds.
Career Officer
# 3
01-27-2013, 10:05 AM
it really is mostly down to just player Preference, I've seen many that fire the christmas tree colors and are just as effective as ones firing one specific type, again its all down to what do you want, i know some swear by disruptors, some plasma, some anti proton, some tetryon, etc...
Career Officer
# 4
01-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Fleet variety is nice. Add appropriate consoles to tact and your set to go. Many ships are traditional phaser now including the Tact Vesta and the Chimera.

Refer to the Hilbert Guide for further information on builds and key binds. It is what I used as well as the STO builder and of course hours upon hours of research vianthe forums to get to where I am genuinely happy with my ship build now. Depending on the purpose of your build (PVP or PVE) too you may want to do away with gimmicky consoles and stick to a purist build.

Examples:

Engineering consoles: x2 or 4 neutronium alloy
science: Assimilated module, rom zpe, lobi store tach and if room left a console of your choice.
Tact x4 or 3 energy enhancing consoles such as antiproton mag regulators for example.

Sets are nice for engins and shields and deflector but that is up to you. Some folks ix and match. I have always been happy with the borg set, it raises my hull strength considerably more than any other sets I have found so far. Depending on your interest too you can go for torps or cutting beam or both...

Just have fun, that is the most important thing. Theabove ideas are what I have taken away from trying to be better in PVP. It works just as well in PVE. However, keep in mind that many PVE builds just wont cut it in PVP. Again, have fun!
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)

Last edited by bugspatteredjack; 01-27-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 5
01-27-2013, 10:22 AM
In terms of damage, everything has the same base damage.

Phaser DHC Mk XII = Anti-proton Mk XII in terms of damage.

Adding in modifiers and procs is where the weapons differ.

Career Officer
# 6
01-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
Refer to the Hilbert Guide for further information on builds and key binds. It is what I used as well as the STO builder and of course hours upon hours of research vianthe forums to get to where I am genuinely happy with my ship build now. Depending on the purpose of your build (PVP or PVE) too you may want to do away with gimmicky consoles and stick to a purist build.

Examples:

Engineering consoles: x2 or 4 neutronium alloy
science: Assimilated module, rom zpe, lobi store tach and if room left a console of your choice.
Love, love, love, and don't forget the lobi Rule 62