Captain
..."Bound to Character" is.

I've liked a lot of the things from the lobi store and lockboxes, and even bought quite a few of them, but every time I do it feels incredibly anti-climatic. The entire point of character bound costumes and ships is so you have to buy them for multiple characters.

Hilariously though, all it's done is made people less likely to make new characters, or not buy the items at all. I'd bet a very large sum of money that players would buy a lot more Lobi Store, and Lockbox items if they were account wide.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
Career Officer
# 3
01-27-2013, 04:10 PM
I would agree with you. Items such as Lobi Crystals and those Dilithium Claims should be Bound to Account. Trade-able between characters.
Career Officer
# 4
01-27-2013, 04:21 PM
I agree. They should be made account-wide.

Will never happen.

Porthos is not amused.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-27-2013, 04:38 PM
It's a lot more than just lock boxes that are ruining the fun factor of this game (for me), but I do agree more of these items need to be Account Bound and not Character Bound.
____

The o3 - Killed you good
Republic Veteran
# 6
01-27-2013, 04:47 PM
If it means I can't buy it off the Exchange, then I rather have them character bound only, since I doubt Cryptic if they ever did make them account wide, would no longer make them purchasable on the exchange.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Captain
# 7
01-27-2013, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
If it means I can't buy it off the Exchange, then I rather have them character bound only, since I doubt Cryptic if they ever did make them account wide, would no longer make them purchasable on the exchange.
That would be even stupider. A lot of players buy those with real money simply to make ECs. I have done it myself. Making them account wide, and allowing them to be tradeable would make everyone happy. The only things that shouldn't be tradeable or account wide are the weapons.

(Though, if Cryptic wanted to be truly fiendish, the Lobi purchase could allow access to the weapons and whatnot in the account wide Dilithium Store. )
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 8
01-27-2013, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
(Though, if Cryptic wanted to be truly fiendish, the Lobi purchase could allow access to the weapons and whatnot in the account wide Dilithium Store. )
Don't give them any ideas!!!

Porthos is not amused.
Republic Veteran
# 9
01-28-2013, 03:12 AM
Quote:
That would be even stupider. A lot of players buy those with real money simply to make ECs. I have done it myself. Making them account wide, and allowing them to be tradeable would make everyone happy. The only things that shouldn't be tradeable or account wide are the weapons.

Many MMOs have per character unlocks, and Cryptic is one the few companies that has a lot of account wide unlocks, and players on this game now expect everything to be account wide, even though we still have account wide unlocks for Federation starships.

Cryptic is not going to change their game plan till people stop buying stuff, until then it will be as it always will be, till players stop buying. All five lockboxes there is a thread asking account wide unlocks for lockbox ships, and even though the forums are full of complaints on them ESD and other places have them floating around, so people are buying them regardless of what people think, or say on the forums.

You can say that they would make more money from account wide, because you and a few players on the forums say they would buy more, but apparently that has never been the case because someone is buying them enough that Cryptic feels no need to change them regardless what people on the forums say.The Data Cryptic receives is what they will use to determine the course of lockbox ships, not what players say but their actions.

Actions speak louder than words, and in this case the players actions is to buy, so the forums can scream yell throw fits, but till players stop buying nothing will change.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party

Last edited by neoakiraii; 01-28-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Career Officer
# 10
01-27-2013, 06:10 PM
Quote:
..."Bound to Character" is.

I've liked a lot of the things from the lobi store and lockboxes, and even bought quite a few of them, but every time I do it feels incredibly anti-climatic. The entire point of character bound costumes and ships is so you have to buy them for multiple characters.

Hilariously though, all it's done is made people less likely to make new characters, or not buy the items at all. I'd bet a very large sum of money that players would buy a lot more Lobi Store, and Lockbox items if they were account wide.
I agree. I suspect Cryptic won't change this anytime soon (if ever) though.