Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
Just suppose that while you're playing Star Trek Online some freak accident happens to your computer. It opens a portal and out come your Captain and his/her crew. They find out that none of their technology or abilities work in our reality, and your computer's portal is their only way back home.

How do you think they'll react to this world? And how would they react if they find out YOU were the person dictating how they live their "lives" in STO? Will they try to go back to STO? Will they even want to? And how will the aliens in your crew hide themselves? And how do you think your life will change now that you have to take care of them (they're your captain and crew after all)?

Before Admiral Finn Hawkins can react, I'll shove him and his crew back into the computer then destroy the thing. I don't want him driving this Tholian Crystal Sword into my neck... O_O
Career Officer
# 2
01-27-2013, 06:16 PM
They'd be making a beeline for the gas station and buying lottery boxes, I mean tickets.

Porthos is not amused.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
01-27-2013, 06:18 PM
In the town where I live, know body would notice. To many different people from to many different places. As for looking after them. They won't stay to long. Oatmeal wouldn't go well with them. And earning their keep shoveling snow wouldn't appeal to them.
Captain
# 4
01-27-2013, 06:24 PM
For Vice Admiral Yuung, it would be a repeat of that Sisko episode.

"That future, that carrier group, all those people! They exist in here!"

The issue gets resolved when Yuung discovers that nothing in his timeline's past had happened in our timeline, meaning that he had travelled to an alternate quantum parallel's past, where his world is a fantasy giving hope to millions of children and adults.

Then Pion and Hachi sort out what caused the warp core accident.

Which leads to the Esclarent battling some Tholian ships and transforming robot aliens near the dark side of the moon. With copious lens flare and machine sounds. IN SPACE.

And they all return to the Prime universe with news of contact with another Strange New World... just one that looks like their old world.

While we remain none the wiser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.

Last edited by khayuung; 01-27-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-27-2013, 06:30 PM
If my KDF captain and crew showed up in our world?

...The world would be so screwed.
Captain
# 6
01-27-2013, 06:32 PM
My KDF freighter captain? Hmm...

Nerd dressed in Starfleet uniform: "Oh hey! Are you on the way to Convention?"

(She and her crew wear metal bikinis.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 7
01-27-2013, 06:45 PM
I haven't written much backstory for my Captains and their respective crews, so I think they'd choose to return to STO. Hopefully they'd be able to do so quickly; very few of them could pass as human.

If they did return to STO, I'd make sure to write them a happy ending.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q

Last edited by psycoticvulcan; 01-27-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Captain
# 8
01-27-2013, 08:46 PM
I imagine they would react with horror; as I go through the portal like a shot, and leave them stuck here.

My own starship, and all the free food I can replicate? No thinking is even required.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Career Officer
# 9
01-27-2013, 08:58 PM
I'd point them to Perfect World HQ, and say " Get 'em! "
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Non stop crashing and epic lagging are helpful in telling me it's time for bed or to go outside and get a life.
Captain
# 10
01-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Considering that my main character is an exiled Borg that was exiled because she tried to take over the Collective and reform the Collective into a voluntary membership where people retain their individuality, I would reminiscence about the past where my thoughts were my own before accepting the inevitable of joining a hive mind of thousands and maybe millions of people that would willingly join the Collective. The Federation has too much of a fear joining the Collective for my Captain to be open about her motives.