Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
I really would like to get this cool big ship from the lobi store but it cost 800 lobi's. I dont think the star trek people are asking me to pay 700.00 some dollors for a game ship. so i know theres a way to get some maybe a daily quest? thx if you can help me out my dads not going for the 700.00 dollors on 1 game thing...
Career Officer
# 2
01-27-2013, 11:06 PM
Lobi come from lockboxes.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Rihannsu
# 3
01-27-2013, 11:17 PM
you can get a handful of them from the Featured Episodes, but don't expect to make bank on those alone, it's only one per mission.

It's not going to be $700 dollars to get the ship though, the minimum amount of lobi you can get is four, even then you wouldn't have to pay more then about $200 or so. They can net upwards of 25 lobi per box if you're lucky, although, I think the average is somewhere between 5-10 lobi. It's not cheap, but chances are it's not going to be as expensive as it sounds. You can also get the ships on the exchange, they're running about 90-100 million energy credits, which is decidedly easier to earn then lobi. If you play your cards right, you can earn that kinda credit without spending a penny of real cash.

Last edited by f9thaceshigh; 01-27-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-27-2013, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
you can get a handful of them from the Featured Episodes, but don't expect to make bank on those alone, it's only one per mission.

It's not going to be $700 dollars to get the ship though, the minimum amount of lobi you can get is four, even then you wouldn't have to pay more then about $200 or so. They can net upwards of 25 lobi per box if you're lucky, although, I think the average is somewhere between 5-10 lobi. It's not cheap, but chances are it's not going to be as expensive as it sounds. You can also get the ships on the exchange, they're running about 90-100 million energy credits, which is decidedly easier to earn then lobi. If you play your cards right, you can earn that kinda credit without spending a penny of real cash.
Wow, that?s good to know, to think spending $700 for one ship is crazy, but $200 sound sooo much better.

Good thing you cleared that up, now I know I don?t have to give up an arm and a leg for that ship, now I just have to choose which to give up the arm or the leg.
Rihannsu
# 5
01-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrq2 View Post
Wow, that?s good to know, to think spending $700 for one ship is crazy, but $200 sound sooo much better.

Good thing you cleared that up, now I know I don?t have to give up an arm and a leg for that ship, now I just have to choose which to give up the arm or the leg.
Your best bet is still probably the exchange, it isn't that hard to generate energy credits in this game.
Career Officer
# 6
01-30-2013, 03:13 PM
my vote is leg: you can get a pretty awesome wheelchair, plus retain keyboard and mouse mastery
Rihannsu
# 7
01-30-2013, 04:42 PM
To get 800 lobi crystals, it'll take roughly 160 lockboxes (an average of 5 lobi per box).

If you bought them at the current rate of 1.4m per key, that's 224m. The ships go for ?150m on the exchange.

The only time I'd recommend going the lobi route is if you want both the new Jem'Hadar ships. While you're opening boxes for lobis to buy the JHDC, you're more than likely to acquire a JHEC too.

If you only want the JHDC I'd say just save up the EC and buy it off the exchange.

Either way, you're gonna want to start grinding Energy Credits .
---
Republic Veteran
# 8
01-28-2013, 07:26 AM
sometimes with the special doff packs they will add lobi to them as well. its not all the time though.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2013, 11:48 AM
There are easier ways to get the ships instead of saving up Lobi. Chances are if you spend $200 anyway for the keys and open that many boxes, your likely to get one from a box.

EC and buying them off the exchange is probably the easiest way. Most ships are reasonably priced, save the Bug ship which last time I looked was around 250mill (and has probably gone way up since the dominion box release). EC is really easy to add up. Typically I convert dilithium to zen, buy 10 packs of keys and sell those on the exchange. I also make a lot of Very Rare consoles that sell really good. As well as having multiple characters with each one raking in a few mill EC in just an hours worth of ingame time. So the exchange is your best bet and most affordable budget wise.
Republic Veteran
# 10
01-30-2013, 07:06 PM
and if they are after the bound to character stuff like the jem hadar upgrades they still eed lobi and cant get those off the exchange.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Closed Thread