Captain
Getting black artifacting on lot's of objects stuff will disappear like black but then comes back in space and ground.This has just started.My video card and system is very cool my video cards temp is barely hitting 110F.I think this just started after the new patch 28th.Stuff was running fine and now giving these black.My video card is a GTX 550ti Super clocked bye factory default.And the video card is up to date.

Last edited by xcom43; 01-28-2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: correcting info
Career Officer
# 2
01-28-2013, 11:55 AM
have the same with GTX 480 with older driver version it should work but thats no option for newer Cards and some new games

so cryptic and nvidia please fix it
Level 50 Cpts: W-T-Riker; Jadzia; Sharan; K'Dhan; T-W-Riker; T'Pok; Ehrehin; Shanara; Karana; Lukara
Subscribed For: 1200 Days 23-08-2013
Commander
# 3
01-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Sorry, but I'm glad to hear! lol
We med/high-end ATI/AMD users are being plagued by black polygons on ships and ground models since... I don't know... 6 months ago at least?
Now that you appear to be as ?/%&ed as we are maybe they'll fix these issues!

For some people with AMD cards these issues could be resolved by switching to the DX9 renderer - but it doesn't do the trick for everyone.
Maybe that helps you.
There's also that other thread somewhere discouraging people from some particular nvidia driver version.

He's dead, Jim.
Career Officer
# 4
01-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Are you using DX11?

Also, have you tried adjusting any of your video settings? I had similar problems, but fiddling with them got rid of this problem for me. I am not in the game atm, but I think it's the number of lights per object or something that was causing the issue for me.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor