Empire Veteran
# 1 On Massivly interview...
01-29-2013, 11:40 AM
so listening to the show..

Ok, next season.. its more then a normal season.. it may actually qualify as an expansion.

I am holding my breath.. but I think it may just be possible that we're going to see the KDF faction blossom to a lot more then we currently have. He's being very close to the chest with these cards, but I've been listening to this guy yack for the last 3 years. and he really did drop some hints that say "K.D.F."

heres the link, check it your self.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...line-interview

Khemaraa sends
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
01-29-2013, 11:52 AM
I just listened to it as well and I'm keeping my fingers crossed just in case
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Lieutenant
# 3
01-29-2013, 11:56 AM
Fingers crossed here too...
Career Officer
# 4
01-29-2013, 12:05 PM
Given what the 'Reputation System' is - I don't get how they can be considering a Thlian one; as (if you follow the new Romulus story via the Romulan Rep cutscenes); the Tholians are such Xenophobes; I don't see why/how any non-crystiline lifeforms would trust them; or would believe what they say. Even as far as TOS goes, they weren't interested in contact; and if you go by comments made during the TNG TV series run, the Federation has/had gone to war with the Tholians a couple of times since the TOS era.

I'm not against new Reputation system additions per se; I'd just like them to have some consistency and make some sense in the overall STO storyline that (I assume) Cryptic is talking about getting back to and featuring a bit more in game - and not just get a Rep system added because some portion of the Dev team may think it's 'cool'.

Just my two cents.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 5
01-29-2013, 12:10 PM
As a primary Federation player, I wish the KDF players all the best and I hope you start receiving the attention and products that you've been missing all along.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altechachan View Post
As a primary Federation player, I wish the KDF players all the best and I hope you start receiving the attention and products that you've been missing all along.
I really hope we do too. It would be nice to be able to enjoy the faction I prefer without losing out on a lot of story and general content.

Fingers crossed. This interview has given me a sliver of hope for the next season/expansion.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
01-29-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Given what the 'Reputation System' is - I don't get how they can be considering a Thlian one; as (if you follow the new Romulus story via the Romulan Rep cutscenes); the Tholians are such Xenophobes; I don't see why/how any non-crystiline lifeforms would trust them; or would believe what they say. Even as far as TOS goes, they weren't interested in contact; and if you go by comments made during the TNG TV series run, the Federation has/had gone to war with the Tholians a couple of times since the TOS era.

I'm not against new Reputation system additions per se; I'd just like them to have some consistency and make some sense in the overall STO storyline that (I assume) Cryptic is talking about getting back to and featuring a bit more in game - and not just get a Rep system added because some portion of the Dev team may think it's 'cool'.

Just my two cents.
I see your point, but I suspect that the possible 'Tholian Reputation' that they are considering would be anything like the Romulan one form S7.
And seen how the Tholians wreak havoc in STO, I think it would be closer to the 'Omega Rep' where we would actuall fight them or prevent some devious plan of theirs through mission.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 8
01-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Never get your hopes up, you'll just turn into one of those disgruntled forum posters.

*crosses fingers behind back*
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
01-29-2013, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post

Just my two cents.
Who says a reputation has to be a positive one. Just look at Kirk's with the Klingons!
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Rihannsu
# 10
01-30-2013, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
so listening to the show..

Ok, next season.. its more then a normal season.. it may actually qualify as an expansion.

I am holding my breath.. but I think it may just be possible that we're going to see the KDF faction blossom to a lot more then we currently have. He's being very close to the chest with these cards, but I've been listening to this guy yack for the last 3 years. and he really did drop some hints that say "K.D.F."

heres the link, check it your self.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...line-interview

Khemaraa sends
one can hope.

if they fill out the kdf in a semi decent way, then that also raises hopes that the romulans wont just be tacked on either.

im not going to get my hopes up and be disappointed but i do think the KDF will see some good love this year.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission