Captain
We can see the hostility mounting all over. There is a thread going that suggests we start mass 1-bombing grinder missions in retaliation for the assaults that are coming against story-based missions in this same way from the grinder community.

THIS WILL GET OUT OF CONTROL VERY SOON.

Give us a proper search engine for types of foundry missions by assigned tags and we can all get on to the all-important business of ignoring each other. If you have been reading any of the threads in this section (of which I have my doubts) you are well aware of the rancor and bitterness that are reaching critical mass.

I know you don't especially care about the Foundry, I am resigned to that as a Foundry author and fan, but you should be VERY CONCERNED about this sort of animosity building up steam and it is.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FIX THE UI <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Last edited by ajstoner; 01-29-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Captain
# 2
01-29-2013, 11:55 AM
^ What he said, minus the rage.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
01-29-2013, 12:01 PM
/sign, sealed and approved. (though also minus the rage)

Tweeted Branflakes and Thomas The Cat (UI artist) about it. Maybe it'll help.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

List of great missions: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=286621
Commander
# 4
01-29-2013, 12:13 PM
I think it would behoove them to take a serious look at this since Neverwinter sounds like it's going to rely heavily on the Foundry. Anything they can do to improve it's functionality and help nip situations like this in the bud early would be a positive step.
Career Officer
# 5
01-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
/sign, sealed and approved. (though also minus the rage)
.:Seconded:.
Captain
# 6
01-29-2013, 12:33 PM
Even if Dstahl himself decided today that this was a good idea, we wouldn't get any kind of a fix before like August. It took a year to get a UI change related to the Foundry, and that's not even complete yet.

Now is incredibly unrealistic, I fear.
Commander
# 7
01-29-2013, 12:35 PM
It is an issue I hope the Devs will address sooner rather than later.
The ability to Bookmark your favourite Authors would be nice to.

So I agree, also minus the attitude.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Commander
# 8
01-29-2013, 12:36 PM
Maybe hold a mass protest in ESB telling people how crap they are to rate missions they like the way they do.

Then hold an education sit in on how people should properly rate. 5 stars for "real" foundry authors, 1 star for scumbag grinding missions.

Or you could hold your breath until you're treated like kings as you so deserve.

Or you could have patience and not make complete asses out of yourselves. Really, all your poutrage is going to do is backfire. You've already embarrassed brandon.
Captain
# 9
01-29-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
Maybe hold a mass protest in ESB telling people how crap they are to rate missions they like the way they do.

Then hold an education sit in on how people should properly rate. 5 stars for "real" foundry authors, 1 star for scumbag grinding missions.

Or you could hold your breath until you're treated like kings as you so deserve.

Or you could have patience and not make complete asses out of yourselves. Really, all your poutrage is going to do is backfire. You've already embarrassed brandon.
Case in point. I am actually a little suprised it took 7 responses to get our first "foundry authors are scum" post. And before the poster complains that's "not what I said" I would point out that the OP does not in any way suggest anything like that or even discuss what are and are not valid foundry missions. Nice try though.

Last edited by ajstoner; 01-29-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Commander
# 10
01-29-2013, 12:44 PM
He's right though.
As much as you or others want something from this game, theres no reason for rudeness or child like impateince.
Hell whenever I'm frustrated I play Civ5 or go to the gym... not post what could be considered rude threads.

That isn't to say many people don't share your opinion or even your feelings on this or other subjects.
Just show some gratitude we got a game full stop!... STO nearly went tank twice if it wern't for the Dev Team!
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES