Career Officer
It broke in Season 6 and was fixed a few weeks in.
It broke again in Season 7, and there has been no sign that its been noticed by QA.

Problem: Setting any HUD setting to show on 'mouseover' (only, i.e. uncheck always and other settings). For example, other player -> name, results in it actually applying a setting of 'never'. I hope you can see how this would be an issue.

Any update on whether this is being investigated would be appreciated. I've sent in bug reports previously, which have either gone unread or misunderstood.

Thanks.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 2
01-29-2013, 11:01 PM
I agree. The lack of mouseover has made things a little more difficult in STFs and Fleet Events, especially for those of us who play healers.
Lieutenant
# 3 Mouse Over still broken...
03-12-2013, 06:23 PM
March 13 and the mouse over HUD info is still broken...
Career Officer
# 4
03-12-2013, 11:48 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if they did fix it, but can't bring myself to be shocked if they don't.
Captain
# 5
03-15-2013, 10:28 PM
There is currently a bug that the Mouse Over option doesn't work. You have to manually edit ui_settings.txt in the live folder using notepad, and remove OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_ALWAYS_NAME from the category you want just mouse over, or replace it with OVERHEAD_ENTITY_FLAG_MOUSE_OVER_NAME if it isn't already there, make sure you have word wrap unchecked before you save. Then when in game go to Options/HUD and click "Load UI".
Note: Load UI will also change you UI window layout so make sure to Save UI in game first before editing the file.
I've kept a backup of this file so I don't have to keep editing the file if I happen to accidentally save ui in the options menu.

Last edited by maxvitor; 03-15-2013 at 10:46 PM.