Faction: Federation
Rank Required: Commander
Availability: Mission Reward
Hull Strength: 27,000
Shield Modifier: 1.0
Crew: 700
Weapons: 3 Fore, 3 Aft
Device Slots: 4
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering, 1 Ensign Science
Console Modifications: 1 Tactical, 3 Engineering, 1 Science
Base Turn Rate: 7 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.15
+5 to All Subsystem Power

Support Cruiser Retrofit ? Ambassador Class
Rank Required: Rear Admiral, Lower Half
Availability: Mission Reward (Limited Time)
Hull Strength: 39,500
Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Ensign Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Science
Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 2 Science

Yay for 4 forward and aft weapons, and Commander Engineering. However, I'm a little sad at the Tactical positions. I would have liked a LT. Commander Tactical position. I'm currently flying the Excelsior Retrofit, and it has one. I was wanting to make this ship replace that one on my ENG character, and I'm sad I'm going to lose a tier III ability, like Torp High Yield III or Spread III, a cruiser should have that ability IMO. Very sad actually about that. Hrmmmmmm
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Empire Veteran
# 2
01-30-2013, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=809331

Support Cruiser ? Ambassador Class
Rank Required: Commander
Availability: Mission Reward
Hull Strength: 27,000
Weapons: 3 Fore, 3 Aft
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering, 1 Ensign Science
Console Modifications: 1 Tactical, 3 Engineering, 1 Science

Support Cruiser Retrofit ? Ambassador Class
Rank Required: Rear Admiral, Lower Half
Availability: Mission Reward (Limited Time)
Hull Strength: 39,500
Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Ensign Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Science
Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 2 Science

Yay for 4 forward and aft weapons, and Commander Engineering. However, I'm a little sad at the Tactical positions. I would have liked a LT. Commander Tactical position. I'm currently flying the Excelsior Retrofit, and it has one. I was wanting to make this ship replace that one on my ENG character, and I'm sad I'm going to lose a tier III ability, like Torp High Yield III or Spread III, a cruiser should have that ability IMO. Very sad actually about that. Hrmmmmmm
I think the stats are nice except for the turn-rate. That needs to be 8, minimum.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Captain
# 3
01-30-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
I think the stats are nice except for the turn-rate. That needs to be 8, minimum.
A lot of the T5 ships have a turn rate of 7, some even as low as 6.
Empire Veteran
# 4
01-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
A lot of the T5 ships have a turn rate of 7, some even as low as 6.
Yes, and a lot of tier 5 cruisers are behemoths compared to the ambassador.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Captain
# 5
01-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
Yes, and a lot of tier 5 cruisers are behemoths compared to the ambassador.
Other then the Boff slots, this is almost exactly the same ship at the Assault Cruiser. Hull, shield, turn, weapons, devices, console wise, it's pretty much the same as every other free T5 ship in the game.
Captain
# 6
01-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Yeah they got a bad habit of making cruisers no matter what their size all turn about the same!!!! DUMB
Captain
# 7
01-30-2013, 12:33 PM
I think the layout is pretty good. If you want a tactical cruiser, use an Excelsior. This thing was made during a more-peaceful time. I'm actually surprised its not Sci LtCmdr and Ensign both, and 3 sci consoles. As for the turnrate, its halfway between the Excelsior and the Galaxy, so appropriate.

KDF should be quite happy too.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
01-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
I think the layout is pretty good. If you want a tactical cruiser, use an Excelsior. This thing was made during a more-peaceful time. I'm actually surprised its not Sci LtCmdr and Ensign both, and 3 sci consoles. As for the turnrate, its halfway between the Excelsior and the Galaxy, so appropriate.

KDF should be quite happy too.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the FED at war with both the Roms and the Klings at this time???
Ghost of Nimbus III. Commander of the R.R.W. Vengeance.
Captain
# 9
01-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralm0tt View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the FED at war with both the Roms and the Klings at this time???
After the first Khitomer Accord, my understanding is that the Federation and Klingon Empire were.....not allies, but not enemies anymore either, trying to move on to a better relationship. The Romulans were (according to TNG anyways) going through a period of isolationism. The Cardassians were still a minor local power. The Federation had no clue about the Borg or the Dominion. Compared to the all-but-open-war of the TOS period or the serial escalations of the TNG-DS9 period. Sounds to me like a period of comparative peace.
Commander
# 10
01-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralm0tt View Post
Yeah, they were. The Enterprise C was the reason the Klingons and Federation made peace with each other after it was destroyed helping the Klingons.