Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Yesterday's Enterprise Uni
01-31-2013, 02:14 PM
Loved that we got a new uniform w/ the new mission but there were details missing from it.

Unique collar

Cuffs on the sleves

Gold on the belt

More images on this post and this Tumblr.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...7&postcount=16

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/yesterday%27s%20enterprise

Last edited by wilv; 01-31-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Captain
# 2
01-31-2013, 02:46 PM
Absolutely agreed.

I think the color of the Belt we got doesn't look like the one from the episode.
Instead of some ivory, it looks just black.

Additionally, i think the belt is placed too high.
I don't know how people in the US do wear their belts, but where i come from belts are attached on the pants, not the shirt...

To be honest, when i was reading "yesterday's enterprise Uniform" i expected a bit more than just a belt and the chest gear thingy.

I would have loved to get a more fitting TNG series uniform, with closed collar.
The TNG series uniform we got looks washed down, and not like a uniform at all IMHO.

I absolutely hate the Galaxy class BOFF & Console layout.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
01-31-2013, 05:19 PM
Tbh, when I saw "yesterdays enterprise uniform" I thought "Awesome! It's the TWOK variant!"

Btw, do you guys get clipping problems with the belt and chest gear? All my toons have horrendous clipping issues with it and no matter what I do to the body sizes or the uniforms worn the YEU appears half embedded in my toons body
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes
Captain
# 4
01-31-2013, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
Tbh, when I saw "yesterdays enterprise uniform" I thought "Awesome! It's the TWOK variant!"

Btw, do you guys get clipping problems with the belt and chest gear? All my toons have horrendous clipping issues with it and no matter what I do to the body sizes or the uniforms worn the YEU appears half embedded in my toons body
It's the same thing that happens with TNG combadges and the KDF sashes.

...And no, this time it's not a message to tell players to stop using max-bust characters (TNG badges clipped at 50% of the bust sliders!), as it looks odd on both ends of the slider (it's obviously rigid when it doesn't even touch the wearer's breast when bust size is set low).
Captain
# 5
01-31-2013, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
It's the same thing that happens with TNG combadges and the KDF sashes.

...And no, this time it's not a message to tell players to stop using max-bust characters (TNG badges clipped at 50% of the bust sliders!), as it looks odd on both ends of the slider (it's obviously rigid when it doesn't even touch the wearer's breast when bust size is set low).
The thing about the TNG (series) combadge is that it is just to big. It looks like a childrens toy but not like a comunicator.
Additionally althrough they might say otherwise some combadges seem to strech with the body of its wearer.

Another thing is the TNG (series) Uniform, it looks like worn 20 years and totally creased. Cryptics devs seem not to care very much when working on TNG uniforms and other stuff related to it.
Strangely, the DS9 uniform (TNG Movie) looks way better, do we have some DS9 fans with the devs? (or some who don't like TNG?)

I must say i have tried for hours by now and i cant get the new uniform pieces to look good. They don't look even remotely like their original counterparts.

What i would have liked to see was a new TNG uniform with closed collar and cuffs on the sleeves made with the quality of the racing uniform. The belt should be colorizable just like the Jupiter Belt, but without that annoying surface effect which makes it look way to bright all the time.

The Yesterdays Enterprise Belt and Chest ting look like they would belong to Shinzon or some Remans but not like the Belt from that episode.

Career Officer
# 6
02-01-2013, 01:29 AM
When I preview the Yesterday's Enterprise belt on my TWK Admiral's Jacket - Female Alien Captain, it clips badly.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Empire Veteran
# 7
02-01-2013, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
Absolutely agreed.

I think the color of the Belt we got doesn't look like the one from the episode.
Instead of some ivory, it looks just black.

FYI: Equip any belt that you 'can' change the color on. Change it to the color you want then equip the YE belt again, it'll remain said color.
Career Officer
# 8
02-01-2013, 04:36 AM
The belt and harness for the Yesterday's Enterprise costume certainly looks cool. It is a costume piece that I was hoping would always be in the game.

However, I noticed that the harness (chest piece) doesn't line up with certain belts, as they are worn lower one one's avatar. I was curious if it would be possible/feasible to have it modified so that its length would auto adjust to whatever belt one was wearing? It is a great looking piece, but looks odd when it is not attached to a lower belt.

Its length matches with the following belts:

Yesterday's Enterprise
Bajoran
Jupiter
The Wrath Of Khan
Winter Coat Belts (all)
Deep Space Nine Admiral

It does not line up with the following belts:

Enterprise Mirror Universe - (Female only. It lines up on most male avatars, with some slight overlapping on the front of the belt, and clipping on both the front and back.)
Sash - TOS Mirror Universe
T'Pol

-

I realize the harness is designed for use with the Yesterday's Enterprise belt, but it would certainly be nice if it could be used in conjunction with all belts while maintaining the same 'connected' look. Regardless if it is possible or not to modify this; great work on the costume pieces and that of the entire third year anniversary event. Thank you very much!

Last edited by guardianvalour; 02-01-2013 at 04:39 AM.
Captain
# 9
02-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity8060 View Post
FYI: Equip any belt that you 'can' change the color on. Change it to the color you want then equip the YE belt again, it'll remain said color.
Thanks for the hint!
Nevertheless i think the belt looks somehow strange, i would have preferred if it would have looked more like the Jupiter belt, for example.
Sadly, the double Starfleet symbol, can't be changed. I wish the devs would take a bit more care when doing TNG stuff like that IMHO.

Rihannsu
# 10
02-03-2013, 10:33 PM
I do wonder if it should be labeled as Yesterdays Harness or something, it seems just a bit off that its called an Uniform when it contains no actual clothing. also, sadly, it clips like a walmart hair salon.