Commander
At least the advancement, if not the equipment purchased. Cause before you could purchase a ship in the C-Store and make a build with other toons for it, but now, you have to farm and spend one-two month for each character to complete the Rep. And Im afraid there's gonna be more Rep systems in the future.

I realize that Cryptic needs Rep to fill the players time between actual content releases, but please, level one character Reputation is enough punishment. Now I have 7 toons in my account appart from my main char, and I'll never use them if you dont change the Reputation system.

Yes, someone could say that I dont need to level the Reputation with those other character to play with them, and I wouldn't need it if it where only for PvE but I like to PvP too.

Other solution could be make the Reputation more customizable in orden to loose less time. For example: I could set up a project for 10.000 omega marks and 500.000 large hypo, for example, and let me fill it in few days to reach tier 5 quickly with the alt toons.
Lt. Commander
Captain
# 3
01-31-2013, 11:09 PM
It all depends on what is set up for future reputations. It might be set up so that doing one reputation will prevent another one to be started due to conflict. For example, doing the Tal Shiar reputation would prevent you from doing New Romulus reputation. Have no idea if there will be a Tal Shiar reputation. I am using it as an example .

There is also the issue with faction specific reputations. It makes no sense for an Orion to have the Section 31 reputation.

Then there is the issue with the fact that Reputation is a way to customize our character's background. Some characters focus on Borg while others help Romulan so having account reputation would lock all characters into the same reputations instead of having each character being more unique.
Commander
# 4
02-01-2013, 01:14 AM
Ok, so make the Reputation System more fun. Cause filling the same projects all the day is just a punishment for us players...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2013, 06:33 AM
I think the Reputation System is fine the way it is. I wanted to ask why a person needs so many Toons you can only play with 1 at a time anyways. LOL Unless you use 2 accounts and 2 computers to play.
Career Officer
# 6
02-01-2013, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmanj View Post
I think the Reputation System is fine the way it is. I wanted to ask why a person needs so many Toons you can only play with 1 at a time anyways. LOL Unless you use 2 accounts and 2 computers to play.
The reason is, that I for myself like to fly different ships and different ships need different builds. Thats the reason you need more than one toon.

The reputation system is fine, it doesn't bother me, to get the reputation with several toons. The best is, I don't need it with every toon, they just get the rep they need to advance.

Cheers

Cruiser Captain since 87706.01
Captain
# 7
02-01-2013, 06:51 AM
I would like to see the game more friendly to having multiple characters. Make everything that cost zen account wide just like how we have ships being account wide. That would make some people be more willing to buy zen stuff because if they decide they don't like it on one character they could try it on another. Because some zen things are bound to character once used it has kept me from buying them. So far only thing I have spent zen on are some ships ,Wrath of Khan uniform for my Starfleet characters and a EC increase limit because they are account wide. I think the only thing that should be character bound is reputation items and story mission rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
1) Playing content from both factions
2) Trying out different races
3) Playing as multiple careers
4) Trying out multiple builds without paying for a respec token every single time
5) Trying out different ships and boff combinations

And that's just off the top of my head. One character is stuck with the same race, same career, and, unless you grab a respec token, same build. Multiple characters means increased diversity. Making reputation and other rewards limited to a single character means that alternate characters are now less valuable, which means lower demand all around for character-specific Z-store items.
Career Officer
# 9
02-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
I have 10 toons right now, all offer a diffrent playstyle, 9 of them still need to make it to tier 5 Omega.
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.
Captain
# 10
02-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Unless you use 2 accounts and 2 computers to play.
You don't need 2 computers, the launcher will allow you to run multiple instances of STO side-by-side if you have multiple accounts.

Most games are like this actually, alt-tab multi-boxing on EvE is even pretty much encouraged.