Lt. Commander
I originally started the two following threads
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=533841
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=533891
before I realized that both underlying problems are the same. Sorry for not posting it in the right discussion. This post is not supposed to be a double post.

The problem is like this:

1) You cannot return ZEN products like ships, bridges, outfit etc. etc. I really hate having stuff in my inventory that I no longer use but cannot really get rid of. I want to be able to dump the old stuff in the sense that you yield the "right of ownership". I'm talking about a return policy that allows you to part from unwanted items once and for all without the possibility of reclaiming.

2) In return for terminating the "right of ownership", the player should receive a !!!PARTIAL!!! refund. By partial, I mean e.g. 10% of original ZENs or Dillithium or EC or anything. For me that is important because I don't want to have the feeling that I have spent ZEN on nothing when I throw things out of the window.

3) I do hope that Cryptic makes cash to continue the game. That's why I am proposing a PARTIAL refund. A little ZEN, Dillithium or EC would give me the motivation to part from old junk. I would buy new products that I would not consider under the current policy, because some of the new products have a tendency to replace the older ones and I do not want to make things I once bought obsolete. I think in the end Cryptic would actually cash in multiple times: I bought the first product, terminate it and get a minimal refund then buy the newer version...repeat until done.
Career Officer
# 2
02-01-2013, 11:57 AM
So you paid for it, used and enjoyed it, and now want to return it for as much of your money back as you can? You've never worked in retail have you?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2013, 11:58 AM
I can feel your pain, but it's not going to happen. Ever. The Z-store is a shop, not a rental store.
As for the inventory part, I'm pretty sure you can discard 99% of the Z-store ships/items and re-claim them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auricius View Post
As for the inventory part, I'm pretty sure you can discard 99% of the Z-store ships/items and re-claim them.
That is exactly what I don't want. It's like having a divorce. Sometimes you cannot really have the divorce because you are still connected to your ex through the children...
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
02-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Well first you own nothing in game. Go life or sub & buy every zen product then "breaking news". Sto is shut down after 3 years of service. Tell me 2 days after shut down that you own anything in this game. Or your a bad monkey and get kicked out of game. Tell me then how much zen products you own.

Second a real world product from Walmart... You can't return for half off after use. Now Walmart & others do have a return policy. But most don't on games that are open. Reason is its entertainment not a blender. I own a bussiness with 0 return because I'm a service. STO is like Disney World. No refunds. Now sometimes some will give you credit for rain but not for I only want to go half a day so I want half off

Before you say "well let me sale that ship or uniform". No because Cryptic wants to make money. Not let you make money. Darn them!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmarsh View Post
Well first you own nothing in game. Go life or sub & buy every zen product then "breaking news". Sto is shut down after 3 years of service. Tell me 2 days after shut down that you own anything in this game. Or your a bad monkey and get kicked out of game. Tell me then how much zen products you own.

Second a real world product from Walmart... You can't return for half off after use. Now Walmart & others do have a return policy. But most don't on games that are open. Reason is its entertainment not a blender. I own a bussiness with 0 return because I'm a service. STO is like Disney World. No refunds. Now sometimes some will give you credit for rain but not for I only want to go half a day so I want half off

Before you say "well let me sale that ship or uniform". No because Cryptic wants to make money. Not let you make money. Darn them!
How many Zen products? About 30, mostly ships excluding the services and the countless master keys.

And I never asked for "half off"! Did you even read my post? If I ask 1000 or 10000 Dillithium for dumping the Dreadnaught, that's equal to 10-100 ZEN refund for a 2000-2500 ZEN ship. Afterwards I would get the Ody bundle for 5000 ZEN, which I currently would not buy because of my other cruisers. This is really not much asking.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm sorry thought you said half but you only said 10 percent or partial. You know I once went to a movie. Bought popcorn, drinks & m&m's. no I'm lying about the candy I snuck it in. Well I was 15 min late for the show. Well my wife wanted to see that movie as well since she missed it with me. I went back with her. Paid same money just to see that intro I missed. Beyond that it was quite a bore to watch it again. Maybe the movie company give me only a partial refund and or credit and let me bail while the movies is in progress..

Or I have a year pass at The zoo. Been there 3x since getting it. But I'm tired of it. Maybe they can give me a percent off to turn that in early. With the extra money I can then spend it at there connecting water park! Yea that sound like something they would go go.

Again one more time you own nothing on that or any other game once the server is shutoff. I don't own Disney because I'm enjoying there park. So you have nothing to transfer over. You have a entertainment service that goes dark when the switch is turned off.
Career Officer
# 8
02-01-2013, 12:44 PM
Could Cryptic do this? Yes.

Will they do this? Well they might. They also might start paying you to drink beer and watch TV. The probability is quite low.

PWEs customer service is pretty bad and their attitude seems to be once they have your money you never get it back, even if they mess up in some way. Heck, they do not even give you receipts for your purchases.

The only way you are likely to ever get a refund is if you sue them in small claims court. And if you do not have a better case than, "I'm tired of using this thing I bought," don't bother paying the filing fees.
Rihannsu
# 9
02-01-2013, 12:51 PM
just no

wanna test it ? tribble
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulisvel View Post
So you paid for it, used and enjoyed it, and now want to return it for as much of your money back as you can? You've never worked in retail have you?
No I just don't want to see the old junk anymore. I would burn my Dreadnaught for 10000 Dillithium or less. And that's really not get as MUCH money back as possible. Unfortunately, I can do neither. Besides in the real world you can sell your old car to someone else (but that is not the point here).