Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Empire Veteran
We often see people asking for a peace agreement between the Empire and the Federation on other subforums. Most of those why say yes are Fed players though. But what we, KDF players, would like to see? And how would you react if peace was forced upon the faction without the agreement of KDF players, if the majority was opposed to that?

I would say no. And not a small no. A huge no way, not now and not ever. Because most of the background of the KDF is war and signing peace doesn't sound fun for the future of the faction.
Career Officer
# 2
02-02-2013, 10:37 AM
I don't see how our existing game experience -at any level- would change one bit if we were officially "at peace", so meh?
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Empire Veteran
# 3
02-02-2013, 11:13 AM
I'm not sure we could actually tell the difference.

From a player PvP perspective the war is a joke. There is no "war goals" PvP or campain.
There is no territory or star systems changing hands. Basicly all the "war" is, is a story plot item that doesn't really seem to do a whole lot for the player experience.

Before peace, could we please actually have a war?

I'm Klingon where my war, I was told there was a war, and I showed up now where is it.. I WILL NOT BE CHEATED!
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Commander
# 4
02-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post

From a player PvP perspective the war is a joke. There is no "war goals" PvP or campain.
There is no territory or star systems changing hands. Basicly all the "war" is, is a story plot item that doesn't really seem to do a whole lot for the player experience.

I'm Klingon where my war, I was told there was a war, and I showed up now where is it.. I WILL NOT BE CHEATED!
Agree fully!

More War, Please!

Screw the PVP queue bull****, too.

Let us lay waste to systems. Think bigger than Ker'rat.

Open Galaxy warfare now!

P.S.

KDF-only STFs, too!

I hate being teamed up with feddies so much that I do not do STFs any more.

Last edited by user839020189287; 02-02-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 5
02-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by user839020189287 View Post

P.S.

KDF-only STFs, too!

I hate being teamed up with feddies so much that I do not do STFs any more.
The last time there were KDF only STF the KDF scream to have joint since they never could find enough players to do them....since Fleet actions on the KDF are also kinda low, I doubt they will make KDF only STF.

Republic Veteran
# 6
02-02-2013, 05:12 PM
There should be Peace....it would not change anything...PVP wise would be a big NATO exercise, as for the story, the peace would take place at the end game part of the story line.

I mean really this is not even a War, we already put stuff aside for the Borg, Dominion, and Romulans...this is not a War its a joke.

but if we do get peace, it should be an epic FE arc leading up to it, and from different prospective...FED get their own, and KDF get their own and the last Episode brings them together.

Commander
# 7
02-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
The last time there were KDF only STF the KDF scream to have joint since they never could find enough players to do them....since Fleet actions on the KDF are also kinda low, I doubt they will make KDF only STF.
Why don't they have more Ker'rat-ish zones with STF rewards?

Queuing up for instanced crap is what really turns me off to no end.

Would much rather go to where the action is and duke it out versus getting in line like we are at Wal-Mart.

Well, it's no wonder the KDF population is low and that's not the Klingon Playerbase's fault.

*cough* cryptic *cough*

I got so disgusted when the feddies cried for FvF PVP that I quit. Being in "The PVP faction" then seeing that dumb move was more than enough justification for me to bounce the **** outta here.

Came back because I missed being in the KDF.

Haven't queued since but am gearing up to hit Ker'rat and make some feddie cry.

Qapla'!
Republic Veteran
# 8
02-07-2013, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post

Well that wouldn't really work well the way the things are unfortunately. If there was system control battles I would say odds are feds might win simply because of pure overwhelming numbers...maybe if season 8 is gonna bring a more complete KDF more people will be interested.

Then in the future we could progress with stuff like that...sorta like STO's version of *world* PvP.
Empire Veteran
# 9
02-07-2013, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Well that wouldn't really work well the way the things are unfortunately. If there was system control battles I would say odds are feds might win simply because of pure overwhelming numbers.
...and because of KDF consoles given to drooling feds.
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Commander
# 10
02-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
If there was system control battles I would say odds are feds might win simply because of pure overwhelming numbers...
I strongly disagree.

Been in other games where small groups consistently destroyed larger ones over spans of hours in open world FFA PVP.

In terms of STO, KDF has quality PVPers, always has.

Have to factor in that KDF has cloaking tech so we get to pick and choose our battles. We fight smarter, not harder.

Even if we get downplayed to nothing better than an insurgency, we will still have more pluses than minuses.

The average feddie does not PVP, has their ship kitted out entirely for PVE as is their mind-set and play-style. Equip more borg gear and weapons based on sounds and colors that you like! They are fighting themselves first, and us second.

Like others, what I would really like to see is consensual, open galaxy, territorial control-based PVP. Scrap the queues and let's fight for the map. Let's bring conflict and danger to the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztempest View Post
What we need is a revamp of the PvP system...and then the introduction of real PvE war-oriented events and missions that have a real effect in the game.

Things like territory control which, when owned by a specific faction, allows access to rich deposits of resources or some such idea. Or...how about real exploration, where new systems are found and then have to be won over by either the Klingons or Federation -- through conquest or through diplomacy. Klingons DO have a form of diplomacy...and I can see where some alien races might find the Klingon Way attractive -- no meddling by the Federation, no prime directive to limit their technological advancement, aggressive capitalism and trading opportunities. Being a vassal of the Klingon Empire has its advantages....
"
Yeah, I like the idea of PVE affecting territorial control. Gives the non-PVPers a chance to make their mark and be contributing to their faction's war effort. Make perfect sense!

Crafting and Resources could use an over-haul, too. Those are things worth fighting for and do more to promote conflict than lame-assed PVP gear and titles.

Ground combat could tie in to resources also. Have extraction and refining facilities to set-up, attack and defend. So much potential.

Great ideas!

Qapla'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
The next best thing would be war zones for control of certain sectors, but with limited pre-determined number of players that will go into the battle on both sides.
Basically, you are proposing a bigger queue.

I do like the idea of bigger places to fight in, namely open areas. Non-instanced.

As for the numbers game, I think the feddies need to roll deep aka have more of them than the KDF. Gives them a chance to win and might lessen the QQ when they lose.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8

Last edited by user839020189287; 02-07-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Closed Thread